Elisa’s on vacation today, so you’re stuck with me, which means a much more disjointed Friday Roundup. I promise she'll be back next week.
Since we’ve been pretty self-promotional here on the blog all week I won’t bore you with a lot of stuff about interviews Larry’s done, interviews I’ve done, posts Ken’s written that got a lot of attention, presentations from SES, etc. (See what I did there?)
First off, Google Insights for Search pushed out an update. Insights is a really slick tool; if you’re looking to glean some insight into seasonality, or if you just want to decide which query space to target, you can get a really nice high-level look at the way certain searches are trending. Aaron Wall added this data to his tool, and David Harry has the scoop on the updated features, if you’re interested.
We talk a lot about the different ways PPC can inform SEO, and we even build the various synergies into our product. Earlier this week Gab Goldenberg of SEO ROI had a great post on the subject, in which he answers the questions:
- Is PPC necessary?
- Why is testing with PPC a MUST for competitive markets?
- When is PPC not at all necessary?
And even introduces a really valuable site/product at the end :). Gab writes a lot of really unique, thought-provoking stuff. If you haven’t already definitely check out his blog and sign up for his feed (which has some free subscriber only content in it, I believe).
Other Notes & Tid Bits
Some other interesting things from various online marketing blogs this week include:
- An interesting look at Affluence.org from Jay Weintraub. Jay writes a lot of really good stuff on flogs, ad networks, and direct marketing
- A post from SEO Book on the pros and cons of affiliate marketing
- On the subject of Bing RKG had a nice piece and Andrew Goodman had some interesting things to say as well.
- Marty Weintraub from AimClear had a great piece on ad agencies outsourcing search.
- Loren Baker had a really good overview of natural link building at Search Engine Journal (which really seems to be doing a great job of stepping up their content creation since the merger and site redesign; they had a couple of really good social media pieces last week as well).
And finally, our follow friday list:
- @lookadoo - SEO, Social Media, User Engagement + all things Search support my Cycling habit.
- @YoYoSEO - Word-of-Mouth SEO - where Search Engine Optimization meets Social Media. Dana Lookadoo's new brand, site launch: 09/09
- @GabGoldenberg - SEO expert with fresh ideas.
- @adrianbold - Married with two sons. Fareham, Hampshire, England. Head of Search for Impact Media, UK SEO Company.
- @GRPasswater - Entrepreneur. Writer. Blogger. Technologist. Consultant. Special Needs Dad and Advocate
- @yannkervarec - Professionnel du Web
- @dudup - a product owner, biz dev, seo & ppc. breathes scrum, search, social media and web apps. develops infilm.org & submusica.com
- @debinz - Passionate about SEO/SEM, Social Media and Analytics. Love sport and listening to music, competing in triathlons, biking and half marathons
- @seo_tushar - Tushar Pant is an Internet Marketing Consultant, providing search engine optimization tips & online marketing strategies.
- @Nicholas_Duncan - SEO Expert
- @alanmitchell - PPC / SEM freelancer, internet marketer and Google AdWords coach.
- @melodybrooks - Copywriter, marketer, ghostwriter, stop-smoking coach, hospice supporter, '80s music fan, Keeshond owner, Libertarian
- @vwebworld - Bring the world to your door - web site design and hosting, eCommerce, SEO.
- @evolutionfiles - Evolution Design is celebrating 15 years serving up web and print design in San Diego.
- @blastam - Passion for website optimization, usability and online marketing especially SEO.
- @MarkWelchMktg - Internet Marketing Consultant, since 1997. Affiliate programs, PPC Search Engine Marketing (SEM), & more.
- @KatFrench - no longer caffeinated, but still percolated and full of fresh brewed lunacy.
Follow us on Twitter
- @WordStream Best Keyword Management Platform ever!
- @LarryKim Avid search marketer, newlywed
- @TomDemers New father, PPC wiz, has a great laugh
- @SMRichardson Trivia, SEM, Red Sox, animals, travel and music
- @Boston_SEO SEO genius, former rockstar, 2 adorable daughters
- @EGabbert Writer, poet, editor, SEO, SEM, foodist, aesthete/rationalist
- @RBeale Internet marketing, business development, golf, Boston sports
- @Quality_Score PPC pundit (identity unknown), mysterious dispenser of sage Quality Score advice
Have a Tip for WordStream's Follow Friday?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.