Search Engine Marketing
For the rest of the week, we'll be posting excerpts from a new free white paper: Seven Steps to a Better Search Campaign. Click here to download the full white paper now.
As discussed in Step 1, it's important to start with a broad base of keywords when embarking on a search marketing campaign. But a large number of keywords can quickly become unmanageable.
However, you can do extensive keyword research without losing control of your campaigns. The key is to create a flexible, dynamic keyword structure that makes it easy to manage a large and growing list. This means transforming a keyword list into a keyword database.
A keyword database has a number of advantages over a keyword list or spreadsheet:
- It's private and proprietary, unlike lists generated by third-party keyword tools, based on public data.
- It's easier to organize and manage than a static spreadsheet, supporting smart relationships among data sets.
- It's easier to update, encouraging expansion over time so your campaigns can grow.
- It's actionable, so you don't just analyze your keywords, you take steps to get better results.
- It's collaborative, so multiple members of your team can work simultaneously toward common goals.
In short, a keyword database is a system that allows for more effective keyword management.
WordStream Keyword Management for PPC is a Web-based platform for creating a well-managed keyword database, with tools to help you discover, organize and act on the keywords that drive the most value for your business.
In Step 3 of our guide, we'll learn how to begin organizing your keyword research for maximum profitability.