Looking for your next career move? Interested in search marketing? Inbound marketing? Apply for a job at WordStream! We're on a mission to build the world's best PPC management and keyword research solutions to help companies with their online marketing efforts. We're currently hiring for positions in search marketing product management and software development.
How to Get a Job at WordStream (or anywhere, actually)
Before diving into the job descriptions, thought it might be helpful to give my personal three best tips on how to get a job at WordStream, or anywhere else for that matter!
- Don't use find and replace in a generic cover letter – This is so obvious, I don't know why people do this. Instead, write a short note about what you thought about the position, what got you interested about it, and why you think you’re a good fit. If you take the time to write me a truly thoughtful cover letter, I will always take the time to read it!
- Review the job description and tweak your resume to be relevant – Relevancy is the key in both search engine marketing and in resume submissions. We write detailed descriptions. Read and see if it's a good fit or not. If it's a management position, highlight your management experience. If it's a roll-up-your-sleeves job (and assuming you're really excited to roll up your sleeves) it might be better to de-emphasize the fact that you have a lot of management experience and highlight instances where you were a star contributor.
- Show me real stuff you worked on – If you’re applying for a marketing position, show me the Facebook/Twitter pages you manage, blog posts you’ve written, or your best link-bait, etc. If you’re applying for an engineering position, show me some geeky python project you’ve contributed to. Or if you’re applying for a UX job, show me some wireframes or something (you get the idea). If you show me stuff you’ve done, it says to me that you love and take pride in the work you do!
And Finally, The Job Descriptions
We're currently looking to fill the following jobs:
- Online Acquisition Marketing Manager: Drive qualified traffic and grow our online lead acquisition efforts.
- Senior UX Designer: Drive the user experience for all of our product lines.
- Senior QA Specialist: Provide leadership, direction and both hands-on and automated implementation of testing for WordStream products.
(Find More: Digital Marketing Jobs)