Being a bit of an SEO virgin, I sometimes find myself confounded by the intricacies and details of creating a successful SEO campaign. Talk of conversions, meta-data, and keywords can be overwhelming for any SEO newcomer.
For SEO newbs like myself, I suggest checking out Brick Marketing's SEO Checklist Guide, which is a great manual for any beginner hoping to better understand SEO. I read it and found it easy to read and loved the plethora of recommended free tools. And best of all, the guide itself if free! And who doesn't love free stuff?
An Overview of What You'll Learn
The guide is divided into two main sections, with individual mini chapters.
The first section is about developing your website to match your SEO goals. It details the importance of things such as:
- Site Structure (how users navigate around your site)
- Content (writing for real people rather than Google spider robots)
- Keyword Research
- On-Site Optimization (meta data, internal links, load times)
The second section focuses more on techniques once your site is clean and ripe for SEO success, such as:
- Link Building (using everything from social media to videos to create quality links)
- Measurability (seeing how successful your SEO campaign is going making sure you are on track for a ROI)
A Little More About Brick Marketing
Brick Marketing also offers customized SEO services for those who would rather put their SEO campaigns into more trusted hands than their own. They also have some great SEO articles that are regularly posted on their Search Optimization Journal. Check them out for more great tips and advice!