April is over, you've paid your taxes, and now you're waiting for your tax return. Oh, the miserable wait: What to do in the meantime??? How about catching up on our best blog posts from the month?
- Is the Internet Bad for the Environment?: In honor of Earth Day we published this infographic detailing what kind of damage we're doing with our Internet addictions, as well as how the Internet is good for the planet.
- Crayola Colored Bubbles: Reputation Management for a 1-Star Disaster: Worst product ever? Read some of the hilarious reviews for this mess of a product (literally) and learn what to do if this happens to your company.
- Understanding the Differences Between Google and Bing Match Types: This guest post by Bethany Bey from Hanapin Marketing explains the differences between the match type systems used by Google and Bing – they're more different than you think.
- Google Now Hiring Autocompleters for Google Suggest: The GOOG is up to his old tricks with another April Fools joke. I wonder if anyone applied?
- Using Educational Linkbait to Get Valuable .edu Links: This great guest post explains how any business can create educational resources to get high-value links from school websites.
- Re-Creating AdWords Campaign Performance Charts in Excel, Part 1: The Data: This is the first post in another in-depth series from our favorite AdWords & Excel whiz Chad Summerhill.
- Comparing Year-Over-Year Search Query Trends: Another post from Chad, this one explains how to analyze data range comparisons at the search query level (which you can't do in AdWords) using Excel.
- Giving Your Links a Boost with Tiered Link Building: Kieran Flanagan lays out a grayish hat methodology for giving your quality links a boost with social forum profiles, article spinning and other techniques.
- Announcing the New Keyword Research Suite: More Keywords, Exclusive Data, Actionable Results: A quick announcement on our latest product launch.
- PPC Bid Management Strategies: An Interview with Todd Wilkinson of WordWatch: I talked with Todd about bid management strategies, optimizing for clicks vs. conversions, how Quality Score fits into the big management picture and more.
Image credit: "April Showers" by K. Kendall