Guess what happened this weekend? My four-year hiring anniversary quietly passed. Yes, it’s true, as of April 27, I’ve been working at WordStream for four years. I know, right?! Happy anniversary to me.
Nobody baked me a cake, so I had to draw one. (Don't feel bad, I'm actually allergic to cake. Wine's A-OK though. #sendwine)
Who else has been at WordStream four years or longer? Just three people:
Larry Kim, of course! (Employee #1)
Then Peter Swanston (hired on 10/23/2008) and Phil Stefou (2/24/2009) in engineering.
This photo of Peter is from an event we had back in 2009! We made a Mexican feast with help from the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts. We also had beer, that's why he looks so happy.
And here’s Phil at our recent winter event with ex-WordStreamer Cathleen Ellis. (If Cathleen hadn’t moved on to another role, she’d almost be at four years herself – I remember interviewing her back at our old office space!)
OK, enough nostalgia for one day … well, maybe just a little more nostalgia. Before we move on to May, check out our top 10 blog posts from April:
- Dynamic Remarketing Ads: The Future of Google Remarketing – Tony Testaverde, one of our expert client services reps, gives an overview of dynamic remarketing ads, an exciting new AdWords feature currently in beta.
- Meet AdWords Keyword Planner – The New Google Keyword Tool and AdWords Traffic Estimator Mash-up! – Another new feature, coming to an AdWords account near you: Keyword Planner, a more robust tool for discovering keywords to use in your PPC campaigns.
- 7 Ways to Use Facebook for Marketing – So you’ve got a business page on Facebook. What else can you do there? Meg has seven ideas for you.
- What PPC Account Managers Say They Do vs. What They Really Do – Learn why Larry thinks account activity may be the most important metric for AdWords success.
- How to Create the Best Landing Pages for Your Google AdWords Account – Ben Cohen provides nine tips for better-performing PPC landing pages.
- Don’t Read the Comments: 10 Logical Fallacies in the Comment Stream – Just a fun one: I point out some of the logical fallacies you’ll find in blog comments – or won’t find if you don’t read them!
- Bing Says AdWords Enhanced Campaigns Not in Customer's Best Interest – Enhanced Campaigns limit “advertiser choice,” says Bing – while reminding us you can export your AdWords account to Bing Ads.
- What's the Best Ad Position in PPC? (Hint: Not Always #1) – Do you always aim for the top rank when bidding on keywords in PPC? That might not be your best strategy.
- 5 Big Brand PPC Ads with Critiques: What We Like, What We'd Change – Big brands often take that coveted top spot we just talked about – but is it because their ads are better, or are they just bidding with bigger budgets?
- How to Measure the ROI of Social Media (No, it's Not Impossible!) – Some of the value of social media is incalculable, but not all! Meg offers some tips on measuring sales and leads driven from your social marketing efforts.
See ya next month!