Customer Marketing Specialist
Job Title: Customer Marketing Specialist
Location: 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting: Reports to the VP of Acquisition & Experience Design
Are you a budding marketer who loves to focus on the customer and thrive on helping them achieve their goals?
Are you ready to make your mark at one of Boston’s fastest-growing startups?
We are WordStream – a rapidly-growing startup located in Boston’s Back Bay. Our mission is to bring the power of search marketing to businesses of all sizes. We do this with smart, automated tools that make it easy for non-experts to drive their businesses with Google AdWords and Bing.
All customers have a choice, and we want to make sure ours stay with us for a long time. That is why WordStream is looking for an energetic, focused and savvy marketer to join our marketing team where you’ll focus on engaging, retaining and nurturing our customers. We believe our customers deserve the same amount of investment now as they did to get them in the first place.
In this critical position, you will collaborate with your colleagues in marketing as well as Customer Success and Product to explore, create, and implement high impact, measurable strategies and programs to increase retention and customer satisfaction while promoting the usage of WordStream PPC Advisor. This high-visibility role will give you the chance to make a significant contribution to the company’s revenue and customer happiness goals.
· Customer Retention
· Customer Satisfaction
· Net Promoter Score (NPS)
· Feature Usage and Adoption
· Coordinate and execute a variety of marketing communications (email, blog, webinars, whitepapers, product training guides, etc.) to create a continuous flow of resources that supports the customer’s learning of WordStream PPC Advisor and paid search marketing
· Create ongoing customer marketing campaigns including but not limited to the following types:
o Educational (learn to use, SEM education)
o Product awareness (new + existing features, feature adoption)
o Community building
o Product success
o Upgrades to additional services (upselling offers)
o Housekeeping (renewals, product deadline announcements)
· Capture and communicate customer needs throughout the customer lifecycle and identify gaps that put a customer at risk of churn. Create programs to bridge these gaps
· Work with Marketing, Customer Success and Product as a voice of the customer advocate
· Define topics, research, develop, schedule and execute customer webinars and blog submissions
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing related discipline
· 3-5 years of marketing or communications experience, ideally in marketing roles focused on existing customers.
· Past experience must include working for a software / technology company.
· Understanding of the customer lifecycle with the ability to identify what drives customers to value during the lifecycle
· Search marketing knowledge is a huge plus
· Experience with marketing automation software (ex. Marketo)
· Experience with webinar software (ex. GoToMeeting)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical and technical abilities
· Demonstrates initiative and is a self-starter
· Detail and results oriented multi-tasker with strong organization skills
· Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team, prioritize workload and meet all deadlines
· Willingness to learn new skills and to develop professionally
· Must be comfortable interacting with clients in a professional and helpful manner
How to Apply:
If you qualify, please submit your resume and cover letter including demonstrated results supporting the culture, abilities and responsibilities of the role to ServicesJobs@wordstream.com and we’ll be in touch.