Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Location: 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting: Reports to the Director of Inside Sales
Background: WordStream provides the technology, insight and guidance to empower small and medium businesses to succeed online by leveraging search marketing to build traffic and drive demand to their digital properties.
Today, we have a number of paid and free products to offer the small and medium business. They are:
- WordStream for PPC: Our core product (starting at $300/mo) is an on-demand offering that helps businesses get more value out of their paid search initiatives on Google.
- Free Tools on WordStream.com: We offer free tools such as our Free Keyword Tool and Keyword Niche Finder. Our free tools are used to generate leads for our paid products.
Today, hundreds of prospects register for a free trial of WordStream for PPC every month. On a monthly basis, thousands of people leverage our free tools, or take advantage of other special offers on our website. These numbers have grown significantly over time and will continue to grow. The goal of our Inside Sales team is to reach out to these prospects (as well as other prospects that have used our free tools, or read our white papers) and convert them to paying customers.
Our sales automation tools include Salesforce.com as well as Marketo for lead nurturing.
Job Description: We are seeking self-starter, competitive-minded people who are interested in joining a growing company with solid future career growth potential. Specific job responsibilities include:
- Calling inbound leads, call lists, and other prospect lists that are provided.
- Respond to inbound sales calls, email inquiries (sales related) and online Web chat requests.
- Leveraging sales management tools including Salesforce.com to track sales activities.
- Performing demos with customers, walking them through our products and offerings.
- Processing of orders and contracts.
- Track deal pipeline, assist with providing periodic updates and sales forecasts.
Measures of Success: The following key performance indicators shall be used:
- Revenue. This is a quota carrying role. The ultimate measure of success is the amount of new customers acquired for WordStream.
- Customer Lifetime Value. Prospect qualification experience is key (win the right customers) to ensuring the customers we acquire stay with us over time, thus increasing their lifetime value to the company.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- 1 to 3 years previous experience in direct or telesales roles (any industry) with proven success achieving revenue targets/quotas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with SalesForce.com and MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Detail oriented. Can multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities.
- Experience in any digital marketing, software, or internet field a plus.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in a software as a service (SaaS) business a plus.
- Culture fit is important. We are a two-year-old, venture-backed, 35-person company that wants to dominate our market. We work hard, and we want to be successful and make our clients successful.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter on why you feel you are qualified for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WordStream is a venture-backed start-up engaged in providing search engine marketing software for PPC and SEO. Our patented, innovative software-as-a-service applications automate the manual, repetitive work involved in search engine optimization, saving time and enabling customers to improve ROI on search marketing objectives in a consistent and repeatable manner.