Position Title: Product Manager - Search Engine Marketing Productivity Software
Type of Position: Full-time or Contract-to-hire
Travel Required: None
Location: Boston, MA.
The product manager is responsible for helping define and bring to market the next generation of WordStream search marketing tools. Typical responsibilities include:
- Talking to customers, aggregating feedback, producing product specifications
- Industry research, competitive tools analysis.
- Authoring content including product documentation, blog articles, tutorials, white papers, video demonstrations, press releases, USPTO patent filings, and other marketing materials.
- Conducting user surveys, compiling results
- Product evangelism activities including public speaking at tradeshows, user groups, customer demos, weekly webinars
- Usibility studies
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Evidence of prolific technical writing skills, for example, authorship of a blog.
- Strong technical communication skills 2-5 Years experience in a Product Management role for a mass-market, business-to-business software product or service (e.g. Adobe, Microsoft, Google, Oracle, Salesforce.com, etc.)
- 1-2 Years experience in software development HTML, Visio, Microsoft Excel, SQL
Strong preference for prior experience in Search Engine Marketing and/or Search Engine Optimization, for example:
- Experience as a search marketing practitioner (e.g: a search marketing consulting), and/or
- Experience working on a software product with some relation to search-marketing, for example: Web Analytics, Bid Management, Web publishing, Search Engines, Web Crawlers, CRM Software, etc.
Additionally, preference for related prior work experience in software as a service and software productivity tools, for example:
- Defining and marketing Software-as-a-Service applications
- Development of software productivity tools
- Design of software user interfaces
- Google AdWords, Google Analytics (or other Web Analytics Applications), Google AdWords Editor, Campania Studio, Webex, Salesforce.com, Drupal, PostgreSQL.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter on why you feel you are qualified for this position, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WordStream is a venture-backed start-up engaged in providing search engine marketing software productivity software for PPC/SEM and SEO. Our patented, innovative software-as-a-service applications automate the manual, repetitive work involved in search engine optimization, saving time and enabling customers to improve ROI on search marketing objectives in a consistent and repeatable manner. On the web at http://www.wordstream.com