Job Title: Senior UX Designer
Location: 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting: Reports to the VP of Product
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to drive the future of our user experience for all of our product lines. Our products aim to provide sophisticated and intelligent functionality to accomplish the complex and time-consuming process of pay-per-click and search engine marketing. This is an opportunity for an ambitious UX professional to design an experience that will have tremendous time-saving impact and financial value for our customers. The ideal candidate will immerse themselves in our products and services and will be passionate about delivering an exceptional user experience to all customers, and prospective customers, of our products. This role will ensure the voice of the customer and usability best practices are incorporated in our product design. While you will serve as an individual contributor, this is a lead role for UX within our Product team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Document and communicate user interface designs and user interactions with process flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes including detailed functional specifications documents that will be used by the product engineers.
- Architect the flow of information into an intuitive, coherent, easy-to-navigate Web-based application with a clear mental model of workflow and task sequence.
- Identify opportunities to improve customer conversions and sales from our free trial offerings.
- Analyze competitors, industry trends and best practices interaction design and user experience relative to our service.
- Define user experience standards and best practices and UI examples that can be applied across offerings
- Create visual designs for our web-based applications and define an overarching visual language and style guide.
Measures of Success: The following key performance indicators will be used:
- Customer lifetime. Our user experience has significant, direct impact on this metric. Our goal is to keep our customers for a long time.
- Net Promoter Score. Satisfied customers are key to WordStream’s success and we periodically measure their satisfaction using the Net Promoter Score methodology.
- Customer acquisition. Our free tools and trial offerings are a key channel for us and are also directly impacted by user experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5 plus years of professional experience in human factors, user experience, interaction design, and information architecture.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with standard design and documentation tools (Adobe PhotoShop, Abobe Creative Suite, Axure, Balsamiq, Visio, etc).
- Passionate about UX practices and follows trends in the industry.
- Experience working with software as a service (SaaS) offerings delivered through web browsers or involved in web-based application development.
- Detail oriented. Can multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities.
- Knowledge of any of the following areas highly desirable: A/B testing competence, usability testing execution, digital marketing, search marketing (specifically pay-per-click and Google AdWords), landing page optimization, conversion rates, internet commerce, software as a service, Agile development & UX processes.
- Culture fit is very important. We are a two year old, venture backed, 35 person company that wants to dominate our market. We work hard, we love what we do, and we want to be successful and make our clients successful.
- Ability to create visual / graphic designs.
If you qualify, please submit your resume along with a portfolio of your design artifacts including but not limited to wireframes, user flows, prototypes, visual/graphic design samples, web sites, etc. Portfolios are extremely important in the review of resumes for this position.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter on why you feel you are qualified for this position to email@example.com.
WordStream is a venture backed technology driven company. We offer a high energy, innovative and casual work environment where individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Our offices are on the 16th floor of a modern high rise in Boston’s Back Bay offering amazing views of the city. We are building a world class product and team and are recruiting top talent by offering a great work environment, competitive base salary and benefits.