WordStream is looking for a motivated, creative thinker with excellent writing skills and strong knowledge of search marketing techniques and best practices, including hands-on experience with search engine optimization (SEO). We’re a fast-growing, award-winning software company, and the right candidate will need to jump in with both feet to help drive traffic and leads and further build the WordStream brand.
The SEO and Content Marketing Specialist will assist in growing the WordStream.com web presence and lead generation efforts by engaging in search engine optimization, web content authoring, public relations and other web marketing activities. We have a powerful, authoritative web domain that we're ready to take even further. This job will include creating, writing, launching and tracking lead generation campaigns and continually driving improved results. Specific duties include:
- Executing various inbound marketing activities such as SEO, link building and link outreach.
- Identifying areas for growth and improvement in site structure, keyword selection, content development, and on-page optimization.
- Brainstorming and developing creative content designed to attract links and new readers as well as drive qualified leads.
- Regular blogging and guest blogging.
- Writing and maintaining content and providing updates to company website.
- Social media marketing efforts including updating and maintaining our Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn presences.
- Developing and implementing tests at a rapid pace.
- Monitoring brand mentions and reputation.
- Participating in various public relations activities, including writing press releases and media outreach.
- Monitoring performance metrics to understand organic search performance across multiple global markets and measure the impact of changes.
- Execution of weekly and monthly reporting across marketing programs, leveraging Salesforce.com, Marketo and Google Analytics.
- Collaboration on demand generation plans, programs, and campaigns.
Measures of Success:
The following key performance indicators shall be used:
- Website Traffic. We are currently a leader among our competitors in driving traffic to our website and we want not only to maintain but to grow that leadership position.
- Scalable SEO Strategies. Creation of scalable SEO strategies that disrupt (in a positive way) our growth trajectory.
- Lead Volume. We currently generate thousands of leads and inquiries per month and we have aggressive growth goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, organizational development or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a web marketing role with SEO and content marketing responsibilities. Experience with B2B marketing is a big plus.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Detail-oriented and an excellent problem-solver. Can multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities.
- Excellent project management skills and understanding of lead generation best practices.
- An understanding of the search engine marketing industry and search engine optimization best practices.
- Experience with Google Analytics is a must. Experience with Google AdWords, Moz, Raven, Marketo, Salesforce, and other analytics, PPC and SEO tools is a big plus.
- Knowledge of HTML and content management systems. Experience with the Drupal CMS is a plus.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft, Adobe design programs.
- Culture fit is important. We are a five-year-old, venture-backed, 75-person company that wants to dominate our market. We work hard, and we want to be successful and make our clients successful.
Content Marketing Manager
How to Apply:
Send your resume, cover letter, and a few writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.