Senior UX Designer
Job Title: Senior UX Designer
Location: 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting: Reports to VP of Product
Are you a seasoned UX designer who has a knack for finding elegant solutions to complex user interface challenges?
Are you passionate about UX design, understanding user behavior, and delivering solutions that make a difference?
Are you ready to make your mark at one of Boston’s fastest-growing startups?
We are WordStream – a rapidly-growing startup located in Boston’s Back Bay. Our mission is to bring the power of search marketing to businesses of all sizes. We do this with smart, automated tools that make it easy for non-experts to drive their businesses with Google AdWords and Bing.
In this critical position, you will collaborate with your colleagues in Product as well as Marketing, Customer Success and Engineering to explore, design, and deliver high-impact solutions. This high-visibility role will give you the chance to make a significant contribution to the company’s revenue and overall success.
As Senior UX Designer, you will:
- Own the design, UI, and UX for WordStream’s rapidly-growing product line.
- Quickly and thoroughly create interaction flows, wireframes, and mockups to effectively conceptualize product initiatives.
- Become an expert about our users and what makes them successful. Talk with our users, test with our users, and get out of the office to meet with them.
- Work closely with the rest of the Product team to build solutions that really help people.
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant UIs.
- Create mockups and comps to empower the development team to build your vision.
- Participate in our agile, iterative process.
What you’re like:
- Passionate about UX - from the big picture down to the details.
- Experienced - we are looking for someone who can bring a proven track record of success to the team.
- Great Communication. A key part of your job is to inspire others with your UX vision.
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, web designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role.
- An online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes).
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), interaction design OR 6+ years equivalent professional experience.
- Experience designing SaaS products a plus.
- Experience with digital marketing a plus.
- Ability to protoytpe in HTML, Axure, or Flash.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to create solid visual designs (mock ups and style guides) a plus.
We’re looking for someone who wants to make a real difference in a company that is on the upswing. If that’s you, contact us now at email@example.com