Technical Support Engineer
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting: Reports to the VP of Customer Success
Background: WordStream provides the technology, insight and guidance to empower small and medium businesses to succeed online by leveraging search marketing to build traffic and drive demand to their digital properties. WordStream is an innovative technology company located in Boston’s Back Bay close to the commuter rail and many T stations.
Our Offerings are:
- WordStream PPC Advisor: Our core SaaS product
- Managed Services: Our full service PPC management offering
Position Overview: The Technical Support Engineer will work with customers to resolve technical issues and work closely with Engineering to triage and prioritize bug fixes.
Job Description: We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment providing technical support to our customers. You will be responsible for handling all customer support requests and work to troubleshoot and resolve them in a timely manner. This position requires excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills along with strong interpersonal skills and technical curiosity to deliver the highest level of problem resolution and service excellence.
- Document newly reported problems, assign proper severity and work to identify a resolution
- Update the ticket tracking system to provide accurate and current status of support issues
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Participation in providing training to customers as required
- Create knowledgebase articles regularly to expand self-help tools for customers and internally
- Makes decisions and recommends solutions to problems within established guidelines
- Keep the dedicated Customer Success Specialist up to date but own the situation through to resolution
- Work the Bug Triage process and queue up tickets for Engineering and/or Product
- Manage all communication on bugs with clients including updates, fixes released, etc.
- Professional, reliable team player
- Bachelor’s degree (4 year) required
- At least 2-5 years of experience as System Administrator/Technical Support Representative and a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Previous customer service experience
- Basic knowledge of databases, web servers and applications
- Knowledge of SQL a plus, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to explain complex issues in laymen’s terms
- “Please the customer “ mentality and always thinking of a better customer experience
- Sense of humor
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Basic understanding of the SEM industry and digital marketing a huge plus
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com (or other SFA/CRM tool) and MS Office apps including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to successfully manage personal workflow
- Ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- This is a full-time position. Days for work are Monday through Friday. The daily schedule may vary from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Hours may vary or exceed 40 in any given week depending on the needs of the business. No travel.
Culture and Attitude/Traits:
- We are a venture backed company that aims to dominate our market. We like to work hard and overachieve – so will you! We offer a professional work environment with competitive base salary, great benefits, open vacation policy and a fantastic company culture.
How to Apply:
If you qualify, please submit your resume and cover letter including demonstrated results supporting the culture, abilities and responsibilities of the role to ServicesJobs@wordstream.com and we’ll be in touch.