Keyword Analytics: Leverage Keyword Analysis to Your Advantage
By collecting and analyzing data derived from keyword analytics reports, you can classify keywords and keyword groups by:
- Relevance – Determine which keywords people are searching to find your website.
- Irrelevance – If keywords are not performing or are unrelated, classify them as negative keywords.
- Performance – Identify the keywords that are triggering desired actions and/or conversions.
All Keyword Analytics Tools are Not Created Equal
The trouble with most website keyword analytic tools is they lack specifics and the ability to take action on the data collected. Good keyword analytics data is hard to come by.
- Open to the Public – The data from most keyword analytics tools are available to you, your competitors and anyone else who wants them.
- Not Actionable – Having reams of keyword analytics data at your fingertips is informative. But having to merge and manipulate that data in a spreadsheet is cumbersome and time consuming.
- Undefined – Most keyword analytics tools give estimates of monthly searches, not real numbers. “One size fits all” metrics have almost zero value, as they are complete guesstimates.
Here we see Google’s Keyword Tool which is popular with search marketers, but notice its limitations.
The data verticals are labeled with “ballpark” terms like “estimated,” “average,” and “approximate.” How are you supposed to run a viable search marketing program based on rough estimates rather than real numbers?
Where Other Keyword Analytics Tools Fall Short, WordStream Excels
WordStream recognizes the shortcomings in most keyword analysis tools and solves them with focused, actionable and real keyword analytics. We're experts when it comes to search term analytics because we can provide:
- Relevant Data - WordStream's analytics reporting feature gives you website-specific keyword data rather than approximations.
- Private Data – WordStream's keyword analytics supply the most relevant keyword metrics from your own private data logs, not third-party search marketing tools.
- Actionable Analytics Data – With WordStream you have total control over your keyword data, so you can manipulate the numbers any way you choose.
- Goal-Defined Data – WordStream lets you can assign user-defined goal action tracking to your keywords so your analytics data is that much more powerful, valuable and goal-oriented.
Unlike any other analytics tool, WordStream’s integrated keyword analytics system makes implementing and acting on changes and updates simple and straightforward, leading to improved task efficiency and increased productivity.
The WordStream Workbench: Taking Keyword Analytics to a New Level
WordStream’s keyword analytics feature not only shows you the keywords people search to land on your site, but it also migrates this data into a dynamic Keyword Management Workbench, which leads to:
MORE KEYWORD ANALYTICS PRODUCTIVITY
All too often, the insights gleaned from analytics are never acted on because of a disconnect between form and function of traditional analytics tools.
WordStream, however, integrates your keyword analytics with data manipulation, so you have the ability to group, organize, add and delete your keyword analytics data with one tool.
Here, for instance, we see WordStream allows us to segment the larger “dog” group (with 2638 keywords) into smaller, more narrow groups, such as "dog food," "dog training," etc.
Now, we see WordStream has segmented our subgroups under the "dog" parent group. We can also view the keywords WordStream has assigned to the "dog supplies" subgroup.
In short, what would have taken hours to do by hand in a spreadsheet is done with just a few clicks.
By combining data analysis, data control and speed-of-use, WordStream streamlines the process of keyword analytics, making it more likely you’ll act on your findings.
WordStream’s keyword suggestion reveals new keyword verticals to you from your analytics reports, funneling keyword suggestions to your account daily, expanding your list of actual keywords and growing your potential consumer base.
As keywords flow into your account, they're organized for you based on the rules you set. Here we see that, since we last checked, WordStream has discovered 180 new keywords for the "dog" parent group.
By saving time and being more relevant, your costs will drop and your results will improve for both SEO and PPC.
- Value for SEO - More relevant content = higher natural search rankings and more qualified traffic.
- Value for PPC - More search-specific ads and more relevant landing pages result in higher Click-Through-Rate (CTR), better Quality Score, leading to lower bid spend, higher ad placement and more conversions.
Point being, the marriage of WordStream’s keyword analytics with a dynamic Keyword Management Workbench offers enhanced productivity and value for both natural and paid search marketing campaigns.
Advanced Keyword Analytics: the Whole is Greater than Its Parts
At WordStream, we believe in “High-Resolution Keyword Analytics,” meaning that keyword analytics should be performed on keyword groups of closely related keywords, rather than on individual keywords in order to save time and improve accuracy.
- Analyzing individual keywords becomes increasingly time-consuming if you’re working with large numbers of keywords.
- Analyzing individual keywords is inaccurate due to variance – performance of individual keywords fluctuates from day to day. By grouping together similar keywords and calculating average values, you can reduce variance and improve accuracy.
For example, think of investing in the stock market. Having a diverse portfolio of stocks is recommended for risk aversion. Performance is based on the overall return of your portfolio, not on how each individual stock did separately.
Keyword analytics is much the same, by looking at an average value of similar keywords, you can lower your margin for error.
Here, we see WordStream’s ability to evaluate the overall performance of a group of keywords.
With the top level “dog” group and subsequent “sub groups,” such as “dog food” we can assess the merit of each cluster by user-defined “Goal Value” and “Number of Visits.”
Try the WordStream Keyword Analytics Tool FREE Today
Keyword analytics help is just a click a way. There’s never been a tool like WordStream. No other search marketing product combines the power of keyword analytics with the ease of an intuitive keyword management tool.
Sign up and Try WordStream Now.
In minutes, you’ll be generating lists of valuable keywords that are unique and exclusive to your particular company. Watch each day as new, profitable keywords are discovered and adopted by your campaign. Enjoy more traffic and more sales with WordStream.
Learn more about WordStream's keyword research tool-set by: