Keyword management is an innovative and multifaceted approach to discovering, analyzing, grouping and organizing large numbers of keywords, with the objective of prioritizing, collaborating and acting on keyword data to build and optimize your PPC and/or SEO search marketing campaign.
Elements of Keyword Management
To fully grasp the concept of Keyword Management and how it impacts both paid and natural search marketing, let’s first examine its components.
- Keyword Discovery – Engaging in ongoing efforts to determine which PPC keywords people are searching on to find your website.
- Keyword Research and Keyword Analysis – Reviewing newly discovered keyword opportunities, identifying which keywords are your most productive (keywords that trigger actions or conversions) and applying negatives to those keywords that aren’t relevant.
- Keyword Grouping and Keyword Organization – Segmenting similar keywords into narrow keyword groups based on relevance.
- Keyword Action – Prioritizing the previous activities (discovering, researching and grouping keywords), then taking action by authoring content (AdWords ad groups or website copy) around the most productive and highly relevant keyword groupings.
Why You Need a Keyword Management Solution
An effective keyword management solution will foster more fruitful, data-driven search engine marketing efforts. By employing a concerted approach to keyword grouping and organization, discovery, analysis, and action, you will see higher productivity, greater relevancy in the search engines, and savings in both time and money.
Benefits for SEO
Benefits for PPC
- Better targeting: more search-specific ads and more relevant landing pages
- Higher click-through rate (CTR), better Quality Score = lower bid spend, higher ad placement
- More optimized conversion rate
How WordStream Trumps Other Keyword Tools
Most keyword tools on the market today are one-dimensional and have limited utility. They generate lists of keywords that may or may not be relevant to your business, and don't offer much else, so they aren’t true keyword management tools.
WordStream's free keyword tools add more value to your search marketing research than typical free and even paid keyword suggestion tools:
- The Free Keyword Tool returns the most extensive and relevant keyword suggestions available anywhere, nearly instantaneously.
- The Free Keyword Grouper can take a list of up to 1,000 keywords and organize it into relevant groups and niches.
- The Free Keyword Niche Finder takes a keyword and returns structured keyword suggestions ready for high-performance PPC and SEO campaigns.
But WordStream's real value proposition is our keyword management solution, which enables you to take control of your keyword research, raise your search marketing revenue and vastly improve your team's productivity.
WordStream's keyword management software allows you to act on your keyword opportunities to perform keyword discovery, research, grouping and other tasks in a centralized, private workbench designed exclusively for addressing the challenges of creating and optimizing effective SEO and PPC work. This expertly designed SEO software makes your organic search and pay-per-click advertising management much more approachable and effective than alternative, labor-intensive methods available.
How WordStream is different from other keyword tools:
Whether you manage a natural or a paid search marketing campaign, WordStream enables you to maximize your productivity and lower your search costs.
Try the WordStream Keyword Management Tool FREE Today!
Sign up and Try WordStream Now.
In minutes, you’ll be analyzing, grouping and organizing lists of profitable keywords so you can turn queries into conversions. Enjoy more traffic and more sales with WordStream.
Learn more about WordStream's keyword management toolset by:
- Trying WordStream Free Today
- Requesting a Live Demonstration
- Signing up for our Search Marketing Webinar
- Subscribing to our Newsletter