There's little debate among search marketing experts that identifying and optimizing for the specific words that people are typing into search engines is a crucial element of a successful search marketing campaign.
But keyword research is a difficult process. Understanding how to do keyword research and recognizing which keywords are worth your focus is essential.
How to Find New Keywords Through Keyword Research
In order to successfully market through search you need learn how to research keywords and:
- Continuously discover quality, targeted new keyword opportunities to gain a competitive advantage.
- Effectively and continuously turn your keyword research into action.
- Make keyword research a supporting piece of your overall search marketing efforts so that your researched keywords actually lead to profits for your business.
So the question becomes: How do you, the search advertiser, go beyond a static list of keywords to create a continuous stream of keyword phrases that improve your bottom line? How do you discover and research keywords that will drive relevant traffic to your business?
The Answer? Use WordStream.
Free Keyword Research Tools
WordStream's keyword research tools make researching profit-driving keywords easy. You can quickly and easily find new keywords for your business, organize long lists of keywords into workable groups, and even evaluate the performance of your existing keywords.
WordStream enables you with smarter, more actionable tools and data to conduct advanced keyword research. You get access to:
- A Keyword Suggestion Tool - Our Keyword Tool pulls suggestions from our massive database of over 1 trillion unique search queries. More, better, faster! Finding new keywords has never been easier.
- A Keyword Niche Finder - The Keyword Niche Finder returns structured suggestions. Niche keyword research is key to great PPC and SEO campaigns. When your keywords are pre-grouped into related clusters, it's easy to put them to use on your site or other campaigns.
- A Keyword Grouper - Already have a list of keywords? Just drop them into the Keyword Grouper and they'll be automatically and instantly organized into actionable groups.
These tools return extensive, targeted data you can use in your search marketing campaigns, both organic and paid, offering the best keyword research you can find. While using keyword tools is an essential part of any keyword research strategy, these tools will help you become a keyword research pro, guiding the way for keyword research analysis that can boost your business in enormous ways.
What to Do with Your Keyword Research: SEO Content Creation
What's important to understand about keyword research is that a list of keywords, in and of itself, isn't very helpful. To see traffic and profits from those keywords, you need to put them to work in keyword-rich web copy, including product pages and blog posts.
This will ensure that your potential customers can find you through organic search. So how do you close the gap between your research and your writing, and work your keywords into your copy in a way that's SEO-friendly and reader-friendly too? Learn more with these resources:
- Content Keywords FAQ: How to Use SEO Keywords for Content Marketing
- The Expert's Guide to Keyword Research for SEO Copywriting
- What Is SEO Content? A Beginner's Guide to Creating Content for SEO
Putting Keyword Research to Work in PPC
Keyword research isn't just useful for organic search engine optimization. It's also crucial for your paid search campaigns.
Google AdWords keyword research is essential to a winning PPC account as you learn how to find profit driving keywords.
If PPC is your focus, check out our fully integrated AdWords management platform, WordStream Advisor for PPC.