WordStream's Keyword Suggestion Tool provides a way to conduct keyword research, the process of brainstorming about how people are searching for things on Google. Keyword research generates ideas about what words to advertise on Google with.
To tap into WordStream's Trillion-keyword database to find keywords for your PPC account, follow these steps:
- Enter the topic you are interested in researching into the search field (e.g.: Insurance)
- Select whether you would like to exclude keywords already in your AdWords account and whether you would like to filter out adult keywords from your results.
- Select the number of keywords you would like to see from the drop down box (you can always see more later).
- Click "Get Keyword Suggestions"
WordStream outputs the most frequently searched-on keywords for your topic, as well as relevant data to help you decide which keywords will be the best for your PPC campaigns, including:
- Estimated monthly search volume on Google
- Estimated average cost per click
- Estimated advertiser competition for the keyword (low, medium, high)
If you see a keyword that's close, but not exactly what you want you can click on the keyword to edit it.
After you've chosen the best keywords, you can:
- Create a new ad group
- Add the keywords to one of your existing ad groups.
- Export the list if you want to save your work for later or use it in Excel
To start over, type a new topic into the search bar.