This week’s recommended resource is Glen Allsopp, author of the viral marketing blog ViperChill . In his posts, Glen offers advice on how to boost your website traffic and income.
There are many reasons to check out Allsopp’s blog, including:
- Glen’s original language. One of the first things you may notice about Glen’s blog is his creative page titles. On his homepage, he has a link to his “What the F***?” page, his “Cloud Living” page, and his “Say ‘Hi!’” page. The first page is actually about the blog, the second is about his book, and the third is a contact page. His unconventional language helps make the blog interesting.
- Glen’s in-depth posts. Glen only blogs every few days or so, but when he does you’re guaranteed to get a thoughtful, in-depth post. As of this writing, Glen’s more recent post was about how his blog gained 9,000 subscribers in nine months. The long post gives specific, frank advice based on proven success. Tips on gaining subscribers include being selective about how you spend your time, putting yourself into your work, and staying humble while thinking big.
- Glen’s interesting life. Glen isn’t shy about sharing details of his life, which is great considering he’s got an intriguing one! He’s only 21 years old , but he’s already worked as a social media manager for companies like Nissan, Land Rover, and Hewlett-Packard, sold a personal development blog for a “mid-five-figure” fee, and regularly earned a five-figure monthly income from his affiliate websites. He’s also traveled the world, and written a how-to book about his successes .
- Glen’s comment sections. Glen gets a ton of comments on his posts. You could entertain and inform yourself substantially from reading these comments alone. Often readers will ask Glen questions, or add their own analysis, and he makes a point of responding on the same day. One reader, for example, recently told Glen that he gets more traffic from rewording blog post titles when retweeting. Glen responded an hour later, providing a specific example of how this approach worked for him.
- Glen’s honesty. Glen doesn’t like to sugarcoat the truth. He just tells it like it is. He, for example, doesn’t just say that every strategy out there helps him improve his site. Instead he reveals that he won’t update his site with Internet marketing news , links to websites or products with an affiliate link, or accept guest posts from other writers. By acknowledging there are some tactics that don’t work for him, he bolsters his credibility. He also shares personal stories about his life that readers can relate to.
If you like Glen’s blog, consider subscribing to it , following Glen on Twitter , or becoming his Facebook fan .