August was a very graphic month for WordStream. I’m not talking about anything R-rated (though our marketing meetings can get pretty violent)—I’m talking about infographics!
Who doesn’t love infographics? Definitely not us. I mean, we definitely don’t not love them. I mean, we love them. And you all love them too, judging from the page views. And you loved hearing about our infographic strategy almost as much as loved the infographics themselves.
Here are the top 10 most popular posts from the WordStream blog in August:
- How We Got a Link from CNN and Drove Loads of Traffic with Infographics : This case study shows we used infographics to score a huge range of links and big traffic spikes in a short amount of time.
- Five Myths About Link Building : Larry debunks five persistent link building myths, and stirs up a little controversy by claiming that link begging is dead.
- Google Graveyard: A History of Google Flops & Failures : This infographic is a tour of the many products Google has launched that didn’t catch on.
- Is Anyone Being Evil Here? Google-Verizon Compromise Proposal Draws Criticism from Net Neutrality Advocates : I wrapped up the debate over Google and Verizon’s net neutrality proposal, such as it existed (pretty much everyone thought it sucked; I wasn’t so sure).
- SEO vs. PPC: When to Use Which Search Marketing Method for Maximum Profit : Larry draws up some tips on when it makes the most sense to use organic search marketing and when it makes more sense to use paid search—though ideally, you’d do both!
- Five Outdated SEO Tips: How Not to Optimize Your Website : These five anti-tips will tell you what not to waste your time on when optimizing your site.
- How to Exclude an IP Address: AdWords IP Exclusion Tool : Tom explains, step by step, how, why, and when to use the IP exclusion tool in AdWords.
- The History of Web Search Engines : More infographics! This one tells the story of the development of the search engine, from 1990 to the present.
- What Is Modified Broad Match?: Using the Broad Match Modifier in PPC : AdWords recently introduced a new modified version of the broad matching option. Find out what it is and how to use it here.
- Master Class: Keyword Research for Stellar Content Creation : The first of a week’s worth of excerpts from Angie Nikoleychuk’s Master Class on finding keywords to make your content sing.
Infographic above courtesy of Phil Gyford