Job Title: Director of Business Development
Location: 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting: Reports to the CEOBackground: WordStream provides the technology, insight and guidance to empower small and medium-sized businesses to succeed online by leveraging search marketing to build traffic and drive demand to their digital properties.Today, we have a number of paid and free products to offer the small and medium business. They are:
- WordStream for PPC: Our core product (starting at $300/mo) is an on-demand offering that helps businesses get more value out of their paid search initiatives on Google.
- Free Tools on WordStream.com: We offer free tools including our Free Keyword Tool, Free Negative Keyword Tool, The Keyword Grouper and the Keyword Niche Finder.
We have an Inside Sales team that sells our WordStream for PPC product. Our WordStream for SEO product is sold through the website.Job Description: Our goal for the Director of Business Development is to be a significant revenue driver for the company and to focus on the following areas:
- Own all sales and partnerships relating to the API product. This is a significant growth area for the company.
- Own channel development for all of our products. Identify, negotiate, and execute deals for distribution of all of our offerings including affiliate deals, and revenue sharing opportunities.
- Drive our complex sales opportunities such as sales to large agencies that would apply our product across their entire client base.
- Be an advocate for partner requirements internally, working with the product team to ensure the needs of partners are represented in our product plans.
We are looking for a dynamic leader and self-starter for this role. Initially, this role will be an individual contributor. We expect them to build a team as time goes on and the company grows. The ideal candidate has experience with direct sales in the digital marketing field. Additional desirable attributes:
- Experience setting up win-win partnerships.
- Affiliate marketing experience.
- History of meeting and achieving revenue/quota goals in past roles.
- Experience selling offerings into agencies and holding companies.
Measures of Success: The following key performance indicators shall be used:
- Revenue from our API product will be a key measure of success.
- Revenue driven from sales of our core offerings through channels and partnerships set up by this Director of Business Development.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- 5 to 7 years of experience within the digital marketing field.
- 5+ years of experience in a quota carrying role.
- Detail oriented. Can multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities.
- Experience with Salesforce.com desirable.
- Proven track record of execution in strategic sales and business development; exceptional negotiator.
- Knowledge of any of the following areas highly desirable: digital marketing, search marketing (specifically pay-per-click and Google AdWords), landing page optimization, conversion rates, internet commerce, software as a service, etc.
- Culture fit is important. We are a two-year-old, venture-backed, 35-person company that wants to dominate our market. We work hard, and we want to be successful and make our clients successful.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter on why you feel you are qualified for this position to email@example.com .
WordStream is a venture-backed start-up engaged in providing search engine marketing productivity software for PPC/SEM and SEO. Our patented, innovative software-as-a-service applications automate the manual, repetitive work involved in search engine marketing, saving time and enabling customers to improve ROI on search marketing objectives in a consistent and repeatable manner.