Job Title: Customer Success Specialist
Location: 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting: Reports to the Customer Success Manager
Background: WordStream provides the technology, insight and guidance to empower small and medium businesses to succeed online by leveraging search marketing to build traffic and drive demand to their digital properties.
Today, we have a number of products to offer the small and medium business. They are:
- WordStream PPC Advisor: Our core product (starting at $299/mo) is an on-demand offering that helps businesses get more value out of their paid search initiatives on Google.
- Keyword Research Suite: Suite of keyword research tools including Keyword Suggestion Tool, Negative Keyword Tool, Keyword Group and the Keyword Niche Finder that is offered for free with limited usage or available for purchase starting at $329/yr.
- Managed Services: For those client who don’t want to do it themselves with our core software product, we offer full management of their paid search accounts by our in-house AdWords and Bing Ads Certified professionals.
WordStream is a 50-person company located in downtown Boston close to the commuter rail and many T stations.
Position Overview: The mission of the Customer Success team is to drive product usage and adoption as well as deliver honest and helpful PPC advice. We act as customer advocates and focus on building long-term relationships with our clients. In a SaaS company, customer retention is paramount to success and this lies flat in the laps of our team members. It is our job to insure customers get real value out of their economic investment in WordStream.
Job Description: We are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to drive the success of our clients through successful onboarding and training of WordStream PPC Advisor as well as consulting our clients on PPC best practices and strategies. We are growing our services team rapidly and are looking for ambitious individuals interested in learning or expanding their search marketing background by rolling up their sleeves and diving in. You will become part of a kick-ass team of experts who truly love their job, the company and lead the corporate culture with hard-work and fun times. This is a fantastic opportunity for a resourceful, success driven, and entrepreneurial individual looking to take their career to the next level.
The Customer Success team has significant, direct impact on Customer Lifetime (retention). Our goal is to keep our customer for a long time. This team is essential in getting customers ramped up on the product, and proactively checking in with them to insure their satisfaction and continued usage. Satisfied customers are key to WordStream’s success and we periodically measure their satisfaction using the Net Promoter Score methodology. The Customer Success Team has direct impact on that metric and the diligence, expertise and professionalism of our team members is paramount to both metrics of success.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Onboarding of new customers and helping ensure all training sessions are completed in a timely manner
- Advising clients on their PPC accounts and answering their PPC questions
- Helping create monthly webinars on topics relevant to our overall customer base
- Providing feedback to our Product team in the form of enhancements and ideas that would ease the use of the product for our customers or provide them with functionality that would increase the overall value proposition of WordStream PPC Advisor
- Connecting with your overall portfolio through email exchanges or phone calls in an effort to ensure product usage and advising clients once training is complete
- Helping to investigate any issues or bugs encountered by clients and writing Bug tickets when needed
- Developing monthly Premier Consulting reports for any clients paying for or receiving this service
- Performing internal tracking of training attendees as well as chat users when supporting these initiatives in an effort to keep all customer relationship management records up to date
- Attend all meetings and actively contribute
- Stay relevant and current by conduct your own research, blog reading and training to stay on top of industry trends, updates, etc.
- Professional, self-accountable, reliable, personable, team player
- Highly motivated
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year degree)
- Strong knowledge of the paid search space and high desire to learn or 6+ months managing a PCC account
- Prior customer service or success experience a plus
- Detail-oriented. Can multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Basic awareness of SEM industry and digital marketing
- Experience or high-level of interest in Google Analytics a plus
- Prior experience at a search engine marketing agency ideal
- Adaptable to change. We’re a start-up.
- Ability to work creatively and is a problem solver.
- Ability to successfully manage personal workflow and to achieve on time delivery of requests made by clients
- Demonstration of basic professionalism, resourcefulness and the initiative to seek information in an effort to fill any holes in support of daily responsibilities
- Ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively and to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Must be able to take and apply all forms of constructive feedback
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Able to work typical business hours
Culture & Attitudes/Traits:
- Work as a team – leave no teammate behind
- Demonstrate a positive attitude every day
- Possess passion and love what you do
- Be solution oriented – never say “try” or “can’t”
- Demonstrate excellence by going above and beyond for the benefit of teammates and the company
- View mistakes as an opportunity to learn rather than as a negative situation
- Never be afraid to ask for help
How to Apply
If you qualify, please submit your resume and cover letter including demonstrated results supporting the culture, abilities and responsibilities of the role to ServicesJobs@wordstream.com  and we’ll be in touch.