Hello from New Mexico!
I’m on vacation today, probably somewhere between Taos and Santa Fe at the moment. Technically, I’m speaking to you from the past. I’m like light from a dead star. How’s your Monday going? Probably not as relaxing as mine.
Why not take a break from the Mondays and catch up on our blog’s most popular posts of the month?
- RIP Exact Match & Phrase Match: Google AdWords Announces Big Changes to Keyword Match Type Options  – Exact match, now less exact! Larry reviews Google’s recent decision to change the way the phrase and “exact” match type options work.
- 10 SEO Reasons to Add Facebook to Your Content Strategy  – This guest post from our friends at gShift Labs explains why Facebook matters for SEO.
- Earth Day 2012: Memes Are Destroying the Planet!  – If you missed it last time around, take another look at our Earth Day infographic, which examines the impact of the Internet on the environment.
- 7 Simple Things You Might Be Overlooking in Your AdWords Account  – Tom reviews seven basic tactics that will help get more leverage out of your paid search account.
- What Is Negative SEO? The Rise of Competitive Google Bombing  – There’s been a flurry of discussion around “negative SEO” this month, the slimy tactic of tanking your competitor’s Google rankings. What is it and is there any way to protect your business?
- Split Testing Ideas for PPC Advertising [Infographic]  – This nifty cheatsheet of ideas for ad testing came to us via the folks at AdChop.
- Google Alerts: How to Use Them, Why They're Not Working  – In theory, Google Alerts are a handy tool for reputation management, link building, ego stroking and more. There’s just one problem: they don’t always work.
- How to Use the Google AdWords Keyword Tool in Your PPC Campaigns  – Learn the pros and cons of Google’s own keyword tool and how to put it to good use in your AdWords campaigns.
- AdWords Conversion Tracking & Reporting  – Learn what you can do in the conversions tab in AdWords.
- Top 10 Google Update Codenames  – Old Possum? Cosmos Newsy? What’s your favorite?
Image via Betsy Weber