NOTE: The default setting of WordStream is to have new keywords held as undecided until review (they won't be introduced into your AdWords account). After creating your account, be sure to mark all keywords as reviewed.
New Keyword Review Settings
The first step in dealing with new keywords is to tell WordStream how you'd like to handle them. This can be done in the settings tab:
Here you'll determine how new keywords are introduced into your account. Let's look at each option:
- I review all new keywords -This means that new keywords are not assigned to a keyword group until you review them ("not assigned" means that if you have created an Ad Group  that is associated with a Keyword Group, WordStream will not bid on the new keywords).
- I only want to review new, undecided keywords -This means that new keywords which aren't positive or negative (more on positives and negatives in the negative keyword suggestion tool  tutorial) will not be assigned, but if the new keyword fits a positive or negative filter you've created, it will be bypassed and introduced into your account.
- I don't want to review anything - This option allows WordStream to automatically assign keywords to groups based on the rules you've created (either through keyword grouping or by redefining group properties ).
These settings allow you to determine how much control you have over new keywords being introduced into your account. Assuming you choose one of the first two settings, you can then view and review your account's new keywords.
Reviewing New Keywords
Keywords will show as new in much the same way you would see that you have new mail. The number of new keywords WordStream has found for each keyword group will be represented in parenthesis, as pictured:
To review new keywords, simply highlight the group whose keywords you'd like to review, and check only "new" keywords (that is: uncheck reviewed keywords):
Finally, you can determine what to do with the new keywords you are reviewing. To do this, simply highlight the keyword or keywords you'd like to act on and right click:
You now have four options:
- Review and Accept Selected Keywords - This will allow you to set a positive term for a keyword, as well as introducing the keyword into your account.
- Review and Reject Selected Keywords - This will allow you to set a negative term for a keyword while ensuring that the keyword is not entered into your WordStream account.
- Mark Selected Keywords as Reviewed - This option allows you to introduce a keyword into your WordStream account, without designating it as either a positive or a negative term.
- Mark All as Reviewed - This functions the same way as mark selected keywords, but allows you to mark all of the keywords within the highlighted group as reviewed.
For more information on positive and negative terms, please see the negative keyword suggestion tutorial .
Not Discovering New Keywords?