Job Title: Paid-Search Strategist
Location: 177 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
Reporting: Reports to the VP, Customer Success
Background: WordStream provides the technology, insight and guidance to empower small and medium businesses to succeed online by leveraging search marketing to build traffic and drive demand to their digital properties.
Today, we have two main products to offer the small and medium business. They are:
- WordStream PPC Advisor: Our core product is an on-demand offering that helps businesses get more value out of their paid search initiatives on Google and Bing.
- Managed Services: For those client who don’t want to do it themselves with our core software product, we offer full management of their paid search accounts by our in-house AdWords and Bing Ads Certified professionals.
WordStream is a 60+ person company located in downtown Boston close to the commuter rail and many T stations. We're in search of a PPC expert to drive our day-to-day operations, champion campaign activities and maintain flourishing client relationships. WordStream’s products have helped small- to medium-sized business meet their search marketing goals by providing tools that not only exceed that of our competition with regard to keyword research but also make the job of creating solid paid-search campaigns with tightly knit ad groups core to our offering. WordStream Managed Services combines our internal expertise in PPC and delivers professional services that help our clients exceed their online marketing goals and business objectives by doing the work of search marketing for them.
Job Description: We are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to drive the success of our clients through successful PPC campaigns and hyper-focus on communication. We are growing our Managed Services rapidly and are looking for an ambitious search marketing expert to roll up their sleeves, dive in and immediately manage client accounts while supporting sales in closing deals. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience managing the paid-search marketing initiatives for companies with demonstrated success. This role will report to the SEM Manager and perform the day-to-day management of paid search campaigns for our clients. You will become part of a kick-ass team of experts who truly love their job, the company and lead the corporate culture with hard-work and fun times. This is a fantastic opportunity for a resourceful, success driven, and entrepreneurial individual looking to take their career to the next level.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility encompasses client relationship management and campaign detail project management to successfully implement search engine marketing initiatives, specifically paid-search campaign execution.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of a client’s paid search marketing initiatives. This includes managing the execution of search marketing strategies based on a client’s business objectives.
- Detailed tasks include managing the strategy and planning of paid search campaigns, managing the launch of each program, optimizing each program to meet specified performance objectives and managing client expectations/communications throughout the duration of the engagement.
- Track and report on campaign results, data analysis, and hold weekly/monthly campaign status calls including delivered monthly reports on results.
- Manage and/or mentor Associate Paid Search Strategists in their support of WordStream’s portfolio of clients.
- Uncover, understand and achieve client goals and business objectives through the customization of campaigns and understanding of the client’s product.
- Proactively provide strategic recommendations applicable to the client's business model and goals.
- Review and analyze competitor sites.
- Stay informed of industry trends and best practices and understanding how they can be applied to accounts.
- Identify and develop the most effective and cost-efficient paid search programs.
- Researching and selecting keyword, ad copy and landing pages.
- Setting and updating budgets caps and making sure accounts are pacing properly based on pre-determined spend.
- Managing IOs and budgets with search engines, specifically Google AdWords.
- Reviewing accounts pre and post launch.
- Managing and maintaining positive relationships with clients.
Measures of Success:
- Customer lifetime. Our ability to create a repeatable, scalable offering that drives results will keep our customers happy for years to come. Our goal is to keep our customers at least 2 years.
- Customer acquisition. Providing a service that leverages our software as well as our expertise delivering transparency, excellent communication and awesome results.
- Net Promoter Score. Satisfied customers are key to WordStream’s success and we periodically measure their satisfaction using the Net Promoter Score methodology. Our goal is to have 90% of our managed services customers designated as promoters.
- 3-5 years of search engine marketing experience is required, specifically paid-search within Google AdWords including hands-on experience with content networks and phone tracking.
- Computer skills – including proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong analytical skills, i.e., the ability to analyze results to determine key findings.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task while driving results.
- Tenacity, flexibility, dependability and the ability to grasp and manage the search engine marketing process.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written skills.
- Bachelors Degree and minimum three years experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) in the client service field.
- Previous campaign management experience and a comprehensive understanding of:
- Setting up paid search accounts from scratch
- The different types of search engine marketing tactics
- PPC optimization techniques (ROI / CPA / CPL / Impression Share)
- Working knowledge of display network including 3rd party tracking (Doubleclick & Atlas)
- Experience with or working knowledge of Bid Management tools (Marin & Searchignite)- including their limitations
- Experience with Analytics tools (Google Analytics, Web trends, Omniture)
- Search Engine Desktop Tools (Google AdWords Editor)
- Google Certification (Fundamentals) and Advanced Certification in one area; Analytics certification required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and eagerness to work as a member of the team while providing leadership.
If you qualify, please submit your resume and cover letter including demonstrated results as a search marketing expert to ServicesJobs@wordstream.com  and we’ll be in touch. We are very excited about this position and the potential for Managed Services not only for WordStream but also for the individual ready for this amazing leadership and career growing opportunity!