So, I’ve had a stressful couple of weeks, and we’ve entered the eye twitching stage of stress. It feels kind of like this:
But it probably doesn't look like I'm trying to wink badly ... right? Guys?
Anyway. Today marks the last weekday in March, which means it’s time to review our top 10 blog posts of the month. ICYMT (In case you missed them), check out the awesome:
- Dear eBay, Your Ads Don't Work Because They Suck  – Far and away our most popular post this month – this year, actually! – in which Larry takes eBay to task for saying paid search doesn’t work, when eBay has always been the laughing stock of the PPC community.
- How Google Makes Money from Mobile  – This infographic illustrates Google’s mobile play in terms of apps, advertising, devices and content – and we’re just scratching the surface. We also grade each product and explain how Google makes the moolah from it.
- 3 Reasons Your Keyword Has a Low Quality Score  – Why, oh why does your Quality Score bite so hard? Here are three possible reasons.
- Revisiting the Economics of Quality Score: Why QS Is Up to 200% More Valuable in 2013  – Larry digs into some numbers and finds that average Quality Score has fallen over the years – which means that having a high Quality Score is more valuable than ever! Find out why.
- AdWords Targets Mobile App Market with New Mobile App Promotion Ad Format  – Wanna advertise your mobile app? There’s an ad for that! We explain how Google’s new smart mobile app format works.
- Content Marketing vs. PR: What's the Difference?  – Larry talked to an analyst recently who wanted to know the difference between these two marketing techniques. There’s overlap, but the goals and metrics are still quite different.
- Stop Unsubscribers in their Tracks: A Lesson from Fab  – Meg tried to unsubscribe from an email list recently, and the clever confirmation screen caused her to reconsider. This case study offers some tips for preventing newsletter dropoff.
- Be Certifiably Awesome at Paid Search – Tips on Getting AdWords Certified  – Billy McCaffrey, one of our customer success specialists here at WordStream, offers some tips for preparing for the big exam.
- Five Reasons to Bid on Branded Terms in PPC  – Branded terms: worth it or not? Our own Erin Sagin says yes, it’s worth it! Here’s why.
- Why Your Click-Through Rates Suck  – Remember Greatest Hit #3? One of the main reasons for low Quality Scores is a low click-through rate. So what do you do about it?
See you next month!