ugh i’m still writing “ugh i’m still writing 2013 on all my checks” on all my tweets— Andy Levy (@andylevy) January 1, 2014 
Funny story: I published the first few blog posts of the year with “2013” in the URL. Funny because a) I’m a cliché and b) our Drupal installation doesn’t automate blog URLs, I have to plug the date in myself. Le sigh.
Here’s to a 2014 with no stupid mistakes! Right? Right! (Right?) But before we head off into Month 2, let’s take a look back at our most popular blog posts this month:
- 6 Social Media Marketing Strategies to Drastically Improve Your Efforts in 2014  – Margot, one of our client services superstars, wrote this great, actionable post with lots of tips for better managing your social presence.
- Toward a Linkless SEO: The SEO Link Is Dying. Here's What Might Replace It  – Are links dead? No, not yet. But their future is hazy. I made some bold predictions about what Google might look like in a less link-dependent future.
- Gmail Advertising Showdown: Gmail Sponsored Promotions vs. Managed Placements  – Jaclyn Jordon tries out the new Sponsored Promotions beta and gets very promising results.
- 3 Reasons Guest Blogging Isn't as Dead as Matt Cutts Says It Is  – RIP guest posting? I doubt it. But Google will continue to go after link-spammed thin content, so buyer beware.
- How to Get New Clients: Top 6 Tips from Successful PPC Agencies – Erin crowdsourced tips from top reps at some of the best digital marketing agencies out there to compile this list of smart ways to prospect new clients.
- Hacking AdWords: Winning at AdWords the Weird Way  – Larry does a data-rich, "Moz-style" deep dive into Quality Score, the key to advertising on Google without paying out the nose.
- YouTube Remarketing: Why & How to Try Remarketing with YouTube Videos  – Remarketing and YouTube: Two great tastes that taste great together! Find out how.
- Guide: How to Use Google AdWords for Apartment Marketing  – Even if you’re not doing marketing for an apartment community, this post will have something to teach you about how PPC marketing changes depending on your particular industry vertical.
- How to Choose a PPC Advertising Network in AdWords & Bing  – A primer on figuring out which networks you want your paid aids to appear in.
- How Your AdWords Daily Budget Works With Ad Scheduling  – Brad McMillen breaks down a complicated use case in simple terms: Why is it that Google can turn your $500 monthly budget into $600 in spend?
And as a bonus, #11: Live Webinar: Totally Insane Techniques Guaranteed to 3X Your CTR  – This was a teaser post for our biggest webinar
so far this year ever. You can watch the webinar recording here:
It’s a great one, don't miss it! And see you next month!