- Create Yahoo! or adCenter PPC  campaigns
- Manipulate the data in Excel
- Use the information to craft a campaign you're managing with another tool
Regardless of why you want to get your keyword data out of WordStream, you'll learn how in this tutorial.
NOTE: If you're looking to export keywords, along with your entire WordStream managed AdWords account , click that link for a tutorial documenting that process. In this module we'll only cover the export of keywords without associated AdWords information.
Exporting Your Keywords with WordStream
The first step in exporting keywords is to highlight the group or groups you'd like to export:
Note that everything beneath the bucket you highlight will be available for export (so if hotels were highlighted above, hotel beach, hotel discount, etc. would be available for export). Then click export keywords:
Next, you'll want to select the specific groups you want to export. By checking or unchecking selected groups, you can decide to export all, one, or only a portion of the groups in your account:
Having selected the groups you want exported, click next to let the system know what chacteristics you'd like to export:
As you can see, you have a lot of options for formatting your list. You can choose:
- Keyword Type: Choose to include negative keywords  you've designated within WordStream, to export only your negative keywords, or to export both.
- Goal Type: Here you can determine whether you want to export the associated visit and goal counts with your keywords (you'll add columns for visits driven, sign ups, downloads, sales, etc.).
- Order: This allows you to sort your exported list by either keyword or by group. This option simply determines how your data will be displayed in the document that's exported.
- Fields: This allows you to show the keyword, the group, and the parent group. This can be useful for organization.
- Match Type: In the event that you want to pull your keywords down, manipulate them, and them upload them into a paid search platform's interface, this option "wraps" your keywords in the proper formatting for broad match , phrase match , or exact match .
- Date Range: Determine the range of time you'd like to look at.
- File Format: Determine whether you want TSV or CSV formatting.
Finally, once you've created your settings, click the download exported data button:
A zip file will be saved to your desktop. Open the folder and the document, and you have your exported data. In our case, our CSV will look like this:
From left to right, we're seeing the keyword, the group, the parent group, and the visit total associated with all of our exported keywords. We can now make further use of this data in whatever way we see fit.
Beyond Keyword Export
Be sure not to neglect your freshly exported keywords. Take advantage of any of the WordStream tool set to constantly update your campaign, and of course make use of any of our WordStream user guides.