Answers to various frequently asked support questions pertaining to WordStream.
Q: Where can I find more information about using WordStream?
A: You can find technical how-to information, tips, techniques, and tricks in our WordStream Tutorials  section.
Q: How do I set up my free trial of WordStream?
Q: I don't have a lot of time to get my account up and running. How do I get my free trial off the ground right away?
A: The Learning WordStream in Just 4 Minutes Guide  will tell you how to have keywords researched for you , create an ad campaign , set up Ad Groups , create ad text , and publish your WordStream campaign in under five minutes!
Q: There's something specific I don't understand within the application. where can i find a more granular collection of tutorials?
A: In addition to the 4-minute WordStream guide, there is a more in-depth set of tutorials for using the product in the tutorial section. The WordStream User Guide  includes numerous helpful modules:
- Signing In to WordStream 
- Uploading Keywords 
- Create Keyword Groups 
- Assigning Negative Keywords and Deleting Keywords 
- Create Ad Campaigns 
- Create Ad Groups 
- Authoring and Assigning Ad Text 
- Posting Account Changes 
Q: I have a general or sales-related question that isn't answered here. Where can I find more information?
A: You can see the general WordStream FAQ  for general, sales, and technical frequently asked questions. Additionally if you have sales or product related questions and would like to speak to a representative, you can contact us directly .
Be sure to visit the WordStream Learning Center  to gain access to a wealth of tips, tricks, and information:
- Informative Tutorials 
- Search Marketing White Papers 
- A Comprehensive Search Engine Marketing Glossary 
- WordStream Video Demonstration - Our WordStream PPC Tutorial 
- And More...
Q: Where can I learn how to do things like conduct keyword research, identify negative keywords, and optimize my landing pages?
A: While the WordStream User Guide  mentioned above offers a lot of very thorough information on how to use the application, WordStream's SEM Best Practices  Guide offers a series of tutorials with tips and tricks for account optimization:
- Conducting Keyword Research 
- Grouping Keywords 
- Managing Negative Keywords 
- Setting Up Ad Groups and Ad Campaigns 
- Creating Optimized Ad Text and Landing Pages 
Q: I have a problem with my adwords account. Who can I talk to?
A: If you have a question about your search advertising account, or if you would like more information about the tools and services they offer, we provide a handy list of contact links and links to some of the search-focused free tools offered by the engines on this Free PPC Tools and Resources  page.
If you think something is wrong with your Google AdWords account and need to contact Google directly, you can call them through the Google AdWords phone support number .
Q: I made a change in Google's adwords editor. What happens to my WordStream account?
A: We strongly recommend that you make any changes through WordStream. However, the answer to this depends on where the ad group was created and what action you're taking.
If you created the ad group in WordStream, property changes made in Adwords Editor will be reflected in WordStream by clicking "download account." Property changes include the following:
- Changing a bid
- Pausing an ad group or specific keyword
- Adding text ads
- Changing the settings (geo-targeting, conversion optimizer, etc.)
On the other hand, if you added or deleted keywords in Adwords editor, these changes will not reflect in WordStream.
If you created the ad group outside of WordStream your changes will say within Google Adwords.
*Note: WordStream only synchs with Google Adwords when the ad groups match in both places. If you are experimenting with an ad group that you haven't yet uploaded to WordStream, any changes made in Adwords Editor will not affect anything in WordStream.
Q: I made changes within WordStream. What next?
A: This also depends on where your ad group was created.
If you created the ad group in WordStream, your ad group is synchronized with the keyword groupings in your keyword tree. As new keywords (or negative keywords) are discovered, or as keyword groupings are segmented, the changes made in WordStream will be automatically reflected in your ad group after clicking “Post Account Changes” in the PPC campaigns tab of the product.
If you created the ad group outside of WordStream, our product will not interfere with the operation. We do however, download those account changes (new campaigns, new ad groups, or other account changes, etc.), so you may view and make changes to them. To do so, visit the ad groups within the PPC campaigns tab.
Google adwords questions
- Can I use multiple AdWords accounts in my WordStream account? 
- Is it possible to manage my bids with WordStream? 
- When WordStream discovers new keywords for me, are they derived from organic, PPC or both organic and PPC searches? 
- How do you group together similar words, like plurals, misspellings and variations of the same word? 
- I'm not sure where to start. Can WordStream help me focus on the most important keywords? 
- We've had over 2,000 visitors to the site this month but WordStream only shows 233 visits. Why is that? 
- I just uploaded 1,273 keywords from Google Analytics but I'm only seeing 972 keywords in WordStream. What happened to the other 301 keywords? 
- My Google AdWords account says I had 237 hits for "apple picking" this month. Why am I only seeing 31 keywords? 
- Why is the visitor count 0 (zero) on certain keywords? 
- My website is brand new so I don't yet have keyword information in my web's log files. Where should I get keywords for my PPC campaign? 
- Will WordStream de-duplicate keywords for me? 
- Will WordStream help me find keywords in other languages? What if the alphabet as different, as is the case with Chinese and Greek? 
Keyword Grouping Questions
- I just segmented a big keyword group into several smaller, more specific keyword groups. Why are those keywords still showing up in the original keyword group? 
- How do I delete a keyword group? 
- What is keyword relevance? Why should I segment my groups based on it? 
- I like the way my Google AdWords campaigns are organized now. Why should I bother re-organizing them using WordStream? 
- Can you provide me with some results that demonstrate how this tool will improve my Quality Score? 
- Can I use WordStream as an SEO took or is it just for Paid Search Marketing? 
- Does WordStream support integration with Yahoo search marketing? 
Setting up WordStream
- How do I upload keywords? What if the keywords are not in my analytics data? 
- What if I have multiple users making changes at the same time and they make conflicting changes? 
- How does WordStream differ from Efficient PPC? 
- We have extensive experience with multiple tracking and bid management solutions: DART Search, Omniture SearchCenter, HBX, Google Analytics, Atlas ProfitBuilder, Mediaplex, etc. How does your tool compare to each of the tools we are currently using? 
- Is your technology like Wordtracker or Keyword Discovery, or is there more to it than that? 
I have another question...
To get answers to anything not mentioned here, feel free to contact the WordStream team  and we'll be happy to help!