Elisa’s on vacation today, so you’re stuck with me, which means a much more disjointed Friday Roundup. I promise she'll be back next week.
Since we’ve been pretty self-promotional here on the blog all week I won’t bore you with a lot of stuff about interviews Larry’s done , interviews I’ve done , posts Ken’s written  that got a lot of attention, presentations from SES , etc. (See what I did there?)
First off, Google Insights for Search  pushed out an update. Insights is a really slick tool; if you’re looking to glean some insight into seasonality, or if you just want to decide which query space to target, you can get a really nice high-level look at the way certain searches are trending. Aaron Wall added this data to his tool , and David Harry has the scoop on the updated features , if you’re interested.
We talk a lot about the different ways PPC can inform SEO , and we even build the various synergies into our product. Earlier this week Gab Goldenberg  of SEO ROI  had a great post  on the subject, in which he answers the questions:
- Is PPC necessary?
- Why is testing with PPC a MUST for competitive markets?
- When is PPC not at all necessary?
And even introduces a really valuable site/product at the end :). Gab writes a lot of really unique, thought-provoking stuff. If you haven’t already definitely check out his blog  and sign up for his feed  (which has some free subscriber only content in it, I believe).
Other Notes & Tid Bits
Some other interesting things from various online marketing blogs this week include:
- An interesting look at Affluence.org  from Jay Weintraub. Jay writes a lot of really good stuff on flogs, ad networks, and direct marketing
- A post from SEO Book on the pros and cons of affiliate marketing 
- On the subject of Bing RKG had a nice piece  and Andrew Goodman had some interesting things to say  as well.
- Marty Weintraub from AimClear had a great piece on ad agencies outsourcing search .
- Loren Baker had a really good overview of natural link building  at Search Engine Journal (which really seems to be doing a great job of stepping up their content creation since the merger and site redesign; they had a couple of really good social media  pieces last week as well).
And finally, our follow friday list:
- @lookadoo  - SEO, Social Media, User Engagement + all things Search support my Cycling habit.
- @YoYoSEO  - Word-of-Mouth SEO - where Search Engine Optimization meets Social Media. Dana Lookadoo's new brand, site launch: 09/09
- @GabGoldenberg  - SEO expert with fresh ideas.
- @adrianbold  - Married with two sons. Fareham, Hampshire, England. Head of Search for Impact Media, UK SEO Company.
- @GRPasswater  - Entrepreneur. Writer. Blogger. Technologist. Consultant. Special Needs Dad and Advocate
- @yannkervarec  - Professionnel du Web
- @dudup  - a product owner, biz dev, seo & ppc. breathes scrum, search, social media and web apps. develops infilm.org & submusica.com
- @debinz  - Passionate about SEO/SEM, Social Media and Analytics. Love sport and listening to music, competing in triathlons, biking and half marathons
- @seo_tushar  - Tushar Pant is an Internet Marketing  Consultant, providing search engine optimization tips & online marketing strategies.
- @Nicholas_Duncan  - SEO Expert
- @alanmitchell  - PPC / SEM freelancer, internet marketer and Google AdWords coach.
- @melodybrooks  - Copywriter, marketer, ghostwriter, stop-smoking coach, hospice supporter, '80s music fan, Keeshond owner, Libertarian
- @vwebworld  - Bring the world to your door - web site design and hosting, eCommerce, SEO.
- @evolutionfiles  - Evolution Design is celebrating 15 years serving up web and print design in San Diego.
- @blastam  - Passion for website optimization, usability and online marketing especially SEO.
- @MarkWelchMktg  - Internet Marketing Consultant, since 1997. Affiliate programs, PPC Search Engine Marketing (SEM), & more.
- @KatFrench  - no longer caffeinated, but still percolated and full of fresh brewed lunacy.
Follow us on Twitter
- @WordStream  Best Keyword Management Platform ever!
- @LarryKim  Avid search marketer, newlywed
- @TomDemers  New father, PPC wiz, has a great laugh
- @SMRichardson  Trivia, SEM, Red Sox, animals, travel and music
- @Boston_SEO  SEO genius, former rockstar, 2 adorable daughters
- @EGabbert  Writer, poet, editor, SEO, SEM, foodist, aesthete/rationalist
- @RBeale  Internet marketing, business development, golf, Boston sports
- @Quality_Score  PPC pundit (identity unknown), mysterious dispenser of sage Quality Score advice
Have a Tip for WordStream's Follow Friday?
Send an email to email@example.com .