If you have a Google Analytics account it’s easy to link it with WordStream to get more customized and actionable keyword recommendations. Analytics data gives you the insight you need to create more customer-centric SEO content and PPC ads.
Google Analytics and WordStream Tracker:
If you are already using the WordStream Tracker
, there is no need to link your Google Analytics Account—you only need to set up one keyword stream.
Linking your Google Analytics account with WordStream allows you to:
- Quickly get started using WordStream
- Keep your keyword research up-to-date
- Learn from historical data
PPC Keyword Data:
Linking your Google Analytics account streams PPC keyword data into WordStream, but not the actual PPC search queries. If you have Google AdWords the preferred method is to import search query reports instead of using the Google Analytics PPC data. Not sure which option is right for you? Contact us
us for more information.
You can access the Google Analytics Set-up Wizard in one of two places—the Discover Keywords tab or the Settings tab, within the Enable Continuous Keyword Discovery option.
Discover Keywords Tab
Adding a new Google Analytics Connection
If you are setting up a keyword stream for the first time you will most likely access it while in the Keywords tab.
- Click “Link your Google Analytics account”
- Click “Login to Google Analytics”
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account
- Click “Grant access”
- Use the drop-down menu to select the Google Analytics account you want to link with WordStream
- Choose whether or not to import historical Google Analytics account data
Not sure which option applies to you?
Option 2—Import Daily Data: You have previously linked Google Analytics, or are removing the WordStream Tracker.
- Click “Continue”
- Wait for the process to finish (could take up to 3 minutes depending on the size of your account and whether you’re importing historical data) and click “Done”
If you want to change your keyword stream from Google Analytics to WordStream Tracker, or if you want to change the Google Analytics account linked with your WordStream account you need to delete the connection.
- Navigate to the Settings tab or Keyword Discovery tab and select Enable Continuous Keyword Discovery
- Click the “Google Analytics” tab
- Select “Delete Connection”
You can delete any one of your current Google Analytics data sources (Estimated/Paid/Organic) by “nuking” it within the Settings tab. This is helpful if your original report or data stream contained inaccurate or insufficient data.
- Navigate to the Settings tab
- Click “WordStream Settings”
- Use the “Keyword Destruction Settings” drop-down menu to select the traffic source you want to delete.
- Click “Apply”
Nuking Google Analytics Data:
This is an advanced WordStream system feature. Please contact us
so we can facilitate this process.
Your Google Analytics conversion goals (and all data associated with them) will be automatically imported when you link your account. The default naming convention is “Goal 1, Goal 2, etc.” so if you would like to customize how they appear in WordStream you will need to their properties.
To edit conversion goal properties:
- Navigate to the Settings tab
- Click “Conversion Goals”
- Click “Edit” and edit the Goal Name and Goal Description fields to help you identify each of your Google Analytics goals
Additional Conversion Goals:
If you would like to track more than 4 conversion goals
(Google Analytics is limited to 4), you can set up additional actions to track