Learn About AdWords Negative Keywords
The idea, in any marketing initiative, is to try to get your message to as many interested parties as possible. You want hot leads and qualified clicks. This will require you to weed your PPC  garden.
In the coming paragraph, we'll lay out a system of generating highly effective negative keywords .
AdWords Negative Keyword List
Google AdWords  supports something called "negative keywords." This means that within Ad Groups , you can designate not only the terms you want to bid on, but also the variations of terms you don't want included in the basket of clicks that you'll pay for.
AdWords Negative Keywords in Search Marketing
If we go back to broad match , we can see where this could potentially be a really useful tool. You can weed out the variations you don't like, right? But Google doesn’t provide you with a list of the queries your ad is displaying for, or with a record of what people are clicking on when you opt for “broad match.” So you have no idea what kinds of useless ads you’re buying, and here again we encounter the problem of scale. How can a person even begin to approach listing off the seemingly endless, random number of variations that won't bring you the kinds of clicks you want?
Using WordStream's Premium negative keyword tools
You can easily add negative keywords at both the campaign level (keep them away from all of your ad groups) or the group level (ban a word or phrase from only one group within your overall campaign) with WordStream's negative keyword tools .
WordStream's negative keyword tools allow you to:
- Delete negative keywords - Remove a keyword from your WordStream database.
- Filter negative keywords - Set a negative keyword filter to ensure that a given term is never included in your account or bid on in your Ad Groups.
- Set negative keywords at the group or account level - Designate a keyword filter for your entire account, or only for a specific keyword group.
In addition, our Savings Alerts  feature actually alerts you to areas of wasted spend within your AdWords account, telling you exactly what negative keywords to set to start saving money. no other PPC software makes it this easy to save money.
Because WordStream is continually generating new keywords and perpetually identifying the terms and phrases that perform poorly, creating a comprehensive list of negative keywords  is a painless (and largely automated) process.
Using WordStream's Free Negative Keyword Tool
WordStream also offers an innovative, free negative keyword tool  that will help you lower costs and raise click-through rates for more effective, relevant, and budget-friendly PPC campaigns.
WordStream's negative keyword tool  is unique because it empowers you to:
- Eliminate wasteful ad spend before it starts by proactively setting negative keywords and match types.
- Save time and increase productivity by identifying whole clusters of related negative keyword candidates rather than single instances of negative terms.
- Efficiently manage negative keyword research by using the same tool to find, and review negative keywords and upload changes directly to your AdWords account.
Let's take a look at how this works.
When you enter a keyword in the Free Negative Keyword Tool , it mines our massive keyword database of more than a trillion search queries for modifiers that may not be relevant to your offerings. You can then review these terms and tell the tool whether or not they are relevant to your campaigns.
Learn More About AdWords Negative Keywords and Negative Keywords for Search
The above is an excerpt from the "Pay-Per-Click Search Engine Marketing Best Practices " white paper. To learn more about the keywords you should be advertising against, download the free white paper today! Also try our free collection of Google AdWords for Dummies  Downloads.