WordStream Software Product Brochure
A Full-Featured Keyword Management Solution
WordStream is a Web-based keyword management solution that offers a continuous stream of keyword suggestions and a full suite of tools, like our keyword generator and keyword grouper tool, for their maintenance and optimization.
WordStream improves the value and relevance of search marketing efforts, including search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns, for increased productivity and return on investment.
How it Works, and Why it's Different
Our keyword management solutions go beyond basic keyword research and bid management to address the numerous challenges search marketers face in between these tasks. We offer tools that improve the results and increase the efficiency of processes like keyword discovery, keyword grouping, ad group creation and workflow prioritization.
From the initial stages of keyword research all the way through to PPC campaign tracking (and back again), WordStream simplifies the tasks that are critical for long-term PPC and SEO success but can be time-consuming, difficult and tedious without the proper search marketing tools.
Key Benefits of WordStream
- Relevance: With an ever-growing list of personalized keywords based on real searches, as well as keyword grouping tools to organize them into a useful taxonomy, you have the basis for far more relevant landing pages and text ads, driving traffic and conversions from both paid and organic search.
- Productivity: WordStream improves workflow by providing a clear plan of action for fast search marketing ROI, as well as making strategic use of automation to enable much more efficient completion of the repetitive and mundane (though necessary) work associated with search, so your team can get more done in less time.
- Value: Ongoing keyword expansion, increased relevance, and more, better-qualified traffic: It all adds up to higher click-through rates and Quality Scores for a lower cost per action, adding value at every level of your search marketing campaigns.
A Complete Keyword Management and Search Marketing Platform
Figure 1: In WordStream, you can instantaneously view and manipulate data from all aspects of your search marketing campaigns. Quickly and easily segment your keywords into a strategic hierarchy, create targeted ad groups and text ads, and post changes to your PPC accounts in real time—all while WordStream performs what would otherwise require untold hours of labor in the background.
- Keyword Research and Discovery
- Keyword Grouping and Organization
- Keyword Analytics and Goal Tracking
- Negative Keyword Discovery
- PPC Text Ad Creation and Publishing
- Workflow Prioritization
WordStream offers a unique means of identifying the keywords you should be bidding on in your pay-per-click marketing campaigns. Our solution utilizes analytical tools to parse your website's log data and track the actual keywords new visitors are using to reach your site. This provides you with three central benefits:
- Exclusivity: Because it's based on your site's historical traffic data, your keyword database will be wholly personalized, private and unique, complete with a long tail of highly relevant, high-intent keywords that your competitors won't have access to.
- Continuous Keyword Discovery: WordStream does more than create a static list of keywords; it continually tracks and stores new keywords every day, so your database stays accurate and up-to-date as it grows into the thousands or even millions.
- Actionable Data: You can instantly group these keywords into easy-to-visualize, manageable segments to take immediate advantage of your keyword research for SEO and PPC ad campaigns.
Unlike generic keyword tools that we’ve tried in the past, WordStream’s Keyword Discovery Tool provided us with an exclusive database of keywords highly specific to our business. It took the guessing game out of the equation for us and freed our time from having to dedicate hours a day to the tedious task of coming up with new and relevant keywords. —Chris Lemley, President, Sentry Auto Group
The ability to segment your extensive keyword list into close-knit, semantically related groups is crucial to the success of your search marketing efforts. The WordStream solution helps you create profitable, traffic-driving ad groups with tools that automate the tedious manual work involved in keyword grouping, so you can organize keywords in a fraction of the time and focus more attention on PPC strategy.
WordStream's keyword grouping tools increase productivity and relevance with three core features:
- Automatic Keyword Sorting: As WordStream imports an ongoing stream of new keywords into your database, they'll be automatically assigned to your existing keyword groups as appropriate.
- Segmentation Suggestions:The Keyword Segmenter Tool guides your decision making with smart suggestions for groupings that will drive traffic and conversions.
- Infinite Nesting Capabilities: Create as many segmentations and subgroups as you choose; WordStream will keep you informed about which keyword and ad groups offer the most segmentation benefit.
Even though my keyword inventory was constantly expanding, WordStream’s Keyword Segmentation Tool helped me to easily manage my campaign by automatically organizing daily suggestions into meaningful ad groups. Otherwise, I’d have to sort through thousands of keywords using an Excel spreadsheet and waste time importing and exporting data across applications. There is no easier way to bring about this kind of order to thousands of keywords. —Ian Hughes, E-Commerce Marketing Manager, SC Publishing
Figure 2: WordStream empowers your keyword database with actionable analytics.
WordStream's powerful, search-focused analytics tools enable marketers to quickly sift through vast numbers of keywords and instantly react. You can sort by keyword, number of visits or completed goals or sales. You can also segment data by temporal metrics and view by keyword group size (number of keywords) and importance (amount of traffic driven) to gain valuable workflow insights—with the power to actually act on them. WordStream goes beyond a typical analytics tool by making data actionable. You can use the information to perform value-adding actions that are meaningful to your business:
- Keyword grouping
- Ad group creation
- Text ad creation
- Landing page creation
- And more
For optimized, high-performance PPC campaigns, it's not enough to find all the right keywords to bid on—you need to make sure you're not also bidding on the wrong keywords. Discovering those keywords in your ad groups that may seem relevant but are actually worthless to you is called negative keyword discovery, and it's critical if you want to reduce wasteful PPC spending and maximize click-through rates and Quality Scores. WordStream offers negative keyword tools that enable efficient, continuous discovery and elimination of keywords that are irrelevant to your business and search marketing campaigns.
In addition to helping you create and maintain optimized ad groups for Google AdWords campaigns, WordStream provides suggestions for maximally relevant ad text. Our ad text creating and editing tools make it simple to author compelling, clickable ads that benefit your PPC campaigns in several ways:
- Increased relevance to searchers: When your ad is highly relevant to the search query, users are more likely to click, and high CTRs contribute to high Quality Scores.
- Increased relevance to your ad group: Advertising copy that relates to the other keywords in your ad group also has a positive impact on Quality Score and lowers your cost per click.
- Increased productivity: Author multiple effective text ads with minimal commitment of time and effort.
Figure 3: Get Quality Score friendly ad text suggestions with intuitive editorial tools that let you publish PPC campaign changes right from your WordStream dashboard.
WordStream also offers the ease and convenience of publishing text ads and making other PPC adjustments without logging into your AdWords account through a separate interface. You can use one unified, integrated platform for all your keyword research, grouping and analytic needs as well as AdWords campaign management.
WordStream provides workflow prioritization tools to help you determine where your search marketing team's time and energy are best spent for tangible returns. These tools leverage your analytic data to provide an evolving to-do list of tasks ordered by relevance to your business goals. You'll know exactly when you need to segment keyword groups, create ad groups, write Web copy, designate negative keywords and more to see fast PPC and SEO benefits. No other search marketing tool on the market does that!
Figure 4: WordStream's workflow tools show you precisely which actions to take next to drive more visitors, lower costs and grow your business.
About WordStream Inc.
WordStream is an industry-leading provider of keyword management and search engine marketing solutions. Our patented, innovative software helps customers worldwide to cost-effectively and consistently meet their search marketing objectives.
WordStream is currently available for free trial, and is sold at a low, flat monthly service fee, not as a percentage of advertising spend.
WordStream is a hosted, Web-based application. The only system requirements to run WordStream are a Web browser that supports Flash 9.x (essentially any Web browser).