WordStream's Spy on Competitor Keywords Tool provides uses your competition to help you generate new keyword ideas. WordStream will analyze your competitor’s website to discover keywords that may be relevant to your business as well.
To use WordStream's proprietary algorithms to determine which keywords your competition is optimizing for, follow these steps:
- Enter the website of the competitor you would like to spy on (e.g.: www.wordstream.com)
- Select whether you would like to scan a competitor’s entire website or just the specified url (Tip: search on the specific url if you only compete with one area of your competitor’s business).
- Select whether you would like to exclude keywords already in your AdWords account and whether you would like to filter out adult keywords from your results.
- Select the number of keywords you would like to see (you can always see more later).
- Click "Go Spy"
WordStream analyzes the URL that you provide and outputs the most frequently searched-on keywords that your competitor is optimizing for, as well as relevant data to help you decide which keywords will be the best for your PPC campaigns, including:
- Estimated monthly search volume on Google
- Estimated average cost per click
- Estimated advertiser competition for the keyword (low, medium, high)
If you see a keyword that's close, but not exactly what you want you can click on the keyword to edit it.
After you’ve chosen the best keywords, you can:
To start over, type a new website into the search bar.
- Create a new ad group
- Add the keywords to one of your existing ad groups.
- Export the list if you want to save your work for later or use it in Excel