Ad Group Builder Overview
The ad group builder allows you to leverage WordStream's trillion keyword database to quickly build a well-targeted, highly relevant ad group from scratch. The process takes only a couple of minutes and consists of the following steps:
- Select your campaign
- Set your ad group topic
- Choose relevant keywords for your ad group
- Choose your ad group settings
- Write your ad text
Let's look at each of those steps works
Select Your Campaign
- Select the campaign you would like to ad your ad group to from the list of campaigns in your account.
- If you would like to create a new campaign simply click the "Create a New Campaign" link and you will be prompted to create a new campaign by configuring the campaigns name and settings.
- Once you have selected the campaign you wish to add the ad group to click "Next" to set the topic form the ad group
Set Your Ad Group Topic
- Enter the topic you are interested in researching into the input field (e.g.: Insurance)
- Select whether you would like to exclude keywords already in your AdWords account and whether you would like to filter out adult keywords from your results.
- Select the number of keywords you would like to see from the drop down box (you can always see more later).
- Click "Next" to select your keywords for the ad group
Choose Relevant Keywords for you Ad Group
WordStream outputs the most frequently searched-on keywords that are related to your topic, as well as relevant data to help you decide which keywords will be the best for your ad group, including:
- Estimated monthly search volume on Google
- Estimated average cost per click
- Estimated advertiser competition for the keyword (low, medium, high)
If you see a keyword that's close, but not exactly what you want you can click on the keyword to edit it.
You can also set the match type of keywords that will be included in the ad group.
Once you've chosen the best keywords click “Next” to set your ad group settings.
Ad Group Default Settings
- Set your default keyword bid for the advertising networks you are bidding on
- Click the "Advanced Settings" button to set URL labels or enable custom destination URLs
- Check the box titled "always skip this step" if you would prefer to skip this step and use your account default bids. This screen will not be shown again until you re-enable it in the settings.
- Click "Next" to create text ads for your new ad groups
Write Ad Text
- You can create multiple text ads for your ad group by clicking on the "Create new Ad button" and writing the text of your ad.
- Once an ad has been created you can do several things to it:
- Delete the ad by clicking on the red "x" next to the text ad
- Clone the text ad by clicking on the two sheets of paper icon next to the text ad
- Edit the text ad by clicking on the pencil icon next to the text ad and changing the text of the ad.
- You can also copy text ads from an existing ad group by selecting the campaign and ad group you would like to copy from in the "Copy ads from" drop down box.
- If you do not want to write text ads at this point you can elect to skip this step by clicking the "skip" button. You can also elect to never write text ads in the campaign builder by checking the "always skip this step. Do not create text ads" box
- When you finish click on the "Done Creating Ads" button to confirm the creation of the new ad group in your AdWords account.
Tip: To create multiple ad groups simultaneously, try the campaign builder.
Our software and services help businesses and agencies take the guesswork out of pay-per-click advertising so you get more from your marketing budget.