WordStream Dives into Search Engine Strategies San Jose
Obvi, SES was the big event on the blogs this week. It’s already been recapped and live-blogged all over the place so I won’t spend too much time re-recapping it or dead-blogging it now. But I do want to highlight some of the excellent coverage and connections we made in San Jose.
First up, the coverage. Worth going back and reading if you missed it:
- Virginia Nussey live-blogged many sessions over at the Bruce Clay blog, including the death of last-click attribution and SEO tools of the trade.
- Check out the aimClear blog for coverage of topics including landing page optimization, conversion rate optimization and viral marketing.
- Rebecca Kelley at the 10e20 blog covered social media-related sessions (with extra snark).
- SEO-PR rounds up all the coverage on the Search Engine Strategies blog.
Next, some WordStream highlights:
- Our founder and VP of products Larry Kim spoke on a panel called "Brainstorming the Paid Search Super Tool," explaining just what makes WordStream so super and so different from typical PPC tools.
- Larry also spoke with Manoj Jasra about WordStream's vision and how the technology works. You can read the Q&A at Web Analytics World and at Search Engine Guide.
And finally we want to give a shout-out to all the great people we met at SES:
- Aaron Wall of SEO Book
- Alex Cohen of Click Equations
- Bill Hunt
- Bruce Clay
- Chris Boggs of Rosetta
- David Szetela of Clix Marketing
- Greg Myers of SEM Geek
- Josh Dreller of Fuor Digital
- Kayden Kelly of Blast Advanced Media
- Lance Loveday of Closed Loop Marketing
- Manoj Jasra at Web Analytics World
- Matt Van Wagner of Find Me Faster
- Mike Grehan
- Rebecca Lieb of Econsultancy
- Sage Lews of SageRock
And finally finally, a little non-SES action for you: Gab Goldenberg did a really interesting series on backlink checking (here's part 2) -- recommended.
It's #FollowFriday Time
- @SemGeek - Creative Aquarius who thinks outside the box
- @andymci - Web geek + advertising grad working in SEO and web marketing
- @mkilens - Marketing and Operations Manager at SalesQuest
- @DerekEdmond - Director of SEM and Managing Partner: KoMarketing
- @jonathanmendez - Crusader for Relevance
- @econsultancy - Econsultancy provides information, training and events on best practice online marketing and e-commerce.
- @larrychiang - CEO of Duck9. My fave blog: What They Dont Teach at Business School
- @waworld - Official Twitter account of Manoj Jasra's Web Analytics World Blog.
Follow us on Twitter
- @WordStream Best Keyword Management Platform ever!
- @LarryKim Avid search marketer, newlywed
- @TomDemers New father, PPC wiz, has a great laugh
- @SMRichardson Trivia, SEM, Red Sox, animals, travel and music
- @Boston_SEO SEO genius, former rockstar, 2 adorable daughters
- @EGabbert Writer, poet, editor, SEO, SEM, foodist, aesthete/rationalist
- @RBeale Internet marketing, business development, golf, Boston sports
- @Quality_Score PPC pundit (identity unknown), mysterious dispenser of sage Quality Score advice
Have a Tip for WordStream's Follow Friday?
Send an email to email@example.com.