Review of Link Assistant's Rank Tracker
A few months ago, I published an article about the Best SEO Rank Checkers. In it, I wrote a quick review of a keyword rank checking tool called Rank Tracker, by Link-Assistant.com. Of all the paid rank checkers I featured in that article, Rank Tracker was one that intrigued me the most. So recently, I decided to do some more extensive work with Rank Tracker to get a real taste for the tool's full capabilities. And I'll tell you, after using this keyword SERP tracker for the past few weeks, I'm hooked. So let's take a closer look at Rank Tracker, so I can explain my newfound enthusiasm for this tool.
Rank Tracker: Key Benefits
There are a lot of keyword SERP trackers on the market, but they have their share of issues. First, they can be agonizingly slow. Some can only run checks on groups of 10 keywords max per session and even then they time out. Second, they can be wildly inaccurate. In fact, with most rank checkers I've used, after I run ranking reports in them, I've been forced to manually double check the individual SERP listings because I didn't trust the results. But with Rank Tracker, none of those deficiencies exist. Using Rank Tracker to monitor your site placement in the SERPs, you get:
- Speed: Rank Tracker is FAST! It's one of the fastest (if not THE fastest) rank checkers I've ever used. When I run a rank check for the 200 plus keywords I target, it spits out the ranking results for Google, Bing and Yahoo in under a minute.
- Accuracy: Rank Tracker's results are always spot on. And since I'm suspicious of most rank checkers, I've done my due diligence and spot-checked many of Rank Tracker's search engine ranking results against different data centers and the results were extremely accurate.
Rank Tracker: Key Features
In addition to Rank Tracker's speed and accuracy benefits, the tool is armed with an array of very cool features:
- User interface: The Rank Tracker UI is one of the cleanest I've ever seen. Now, it's not easy to make a clutter-free and simple UI, but the team at Rank Tracker has created a really great UI that is easy to use yet highly functional.
- Limitless keyword tracking: Rank Tracker offers you the ability to track rankings in over 590 search engines and imposes no keyword or domain limits
- Auto-pilot tracking: You can track your rankings on auto-pilot if you choose. You can set the tracking tool once, so that it will run rank checks automatically for you on set dates and time
- Historical rank tracking: Every time you check your rankings, Rank Tracker shows you the ranking variations. That way, you see if your site has moved up or down, and you can take necessary steps to intervene, if needed.
Plus, you can save all of your rank tracking projects in your own private rankings datacenter and access them any time you want.
Rank Tracker Reporting
I love the reporting functionality in Rank Tracker. It's totally slick and professional. When creating a ranking report for clients or internal distribution at WordStream, I get the options of choosing:
- Reporting format: create a PDF or HTML Browser-based version of the report
- Preferred delivery option: save the report to a computer, shoot it around to clients in an email or FTP it directly to any website
I can also customize my reports with a variety of templates as well as tailoring them with client logos, Web address and physical address to make them look really professional.
Additional Rank Tracker Features
- Keyword Research: Like we preach at WordStream, the team at Rank Tracker understand that you need to constantly expand your portfolio of keywords to explore new traffic opportunities. So Rank Tracker has added 14 onboard keyword suggestion tools that let you find niche keywords, check search volumes and evaluate the competition.
- Safety Features: Rank Tracker has also built-in advanced search safety features, such as human emulation and proxy rotation. These enhancements let you make multiple checks without getting temporary blocks by the search engines.