Monthly Blog Roundup: WordStream's April Highlights
April was a pretty big month for WordStream. (Hm, why do I feel like I've said that before?) We updated and relaunched our SEO Keyword Management product, released some totally new products (two APIs and a content creation plug-in), and lest we forget, I celebrated my one-year anniversary with the company. (That may not seem like a big deal to you, but at a company this new, not too many people have been around more than a year!)
May pole dance!
But enough about me. Let's focus on WordStream – namely, our blog's greatest hits this month. These 10 posts were our most popular with readers, so please check them out if you missed them the first time!
- How to Create Amazing Backlinks: Our readers love how-to content, so it's not surprising that Ken's post on building "amazing" backlinks was a huge hit this month.
- A Really Easy (and Powerful) Long-Tail Approach to On-Page SEO: Here Larry introduced our new WordStream SEO for Firefox plug-in, a feature that now comes standard without both our SEO and PPC keyword management software.
- Survey Results: The Most Annoying Part of Search Marketing: We recently asked a number of search marketers what tasks they find most time-consuming, challenging, and/or downright annoying. Find out which SEM duty won (or lost?).
- Google AdWords Remarketing: What the heck is remarketing? This post explains the benefits and drawbacks of the new AdWords feature.
- Keyword Optimization: Why Optimizing for the Right Keywords is 'Do or Die': An in-depth guide to keyword optimization for SEO, PPC, and social media.
- Google PageRank Update: April 3, 2010: Earlier this month Ken caught a PageRank update. Did your site go up or down?
- How to Organize and Create Content for SEO: If you missed our recent webinar on this topic, you can view the slides and read a transcript of the discussion here.
- Announcing the WordStream Keyword Tool API: In addition to the new SEO plug-in, we released APIs for our Free Keyword Tool and Keyword Niche Finder this month; developers can now leverage our data (including a database of more than a trillion keywords) and algorithms in their own applications.
- 5 Tips for Passing PPC Certification Exams: In this guest post, Hanapin Marketing's Jenny Anderson offers practical advice for preparing for and acing your PPC certs.
- Why KFC's Double Down "Sandwich" Is Shameless Linkbait: And just for fun … I explained why the Double Down is a shameless grab for attention and nothing more.
See you in May!
Photo credit: LukeGordon1