Monthly Blog Roundup: WordStream's July Highlights
July is almost over, folks! What's that mean? It means that time marches on, we're not getting any younger, and so on (it may be time to buy a youth-activating serum and/or update that unrealistically hot photo on your online dating profile), but mostly it means it's time for WordStream's best of the month! You voted with your eyeballs, and these were the top 10 most popular posts on the blog in July.
- Want More Link Juice? Here’s an Easy Way to Get It: This how-to from Ken explains how to drain link juice from your existing content with internal anchor links.
- The Evolution of Ranking Signals: Google Is Getting Past the Link: In this guest post, David Harry looks at other kinds of signals that Google may begin to value more than links.
- How Tumblr Opened My Eyes to the Social Web: Curious about Tumblr? Terry Van Horne outlines its many capabilities and possibilities.
- How Much Should You Earn as an SEO?: Here are some tips for figuring out how much you're worth, given your location, experience level and other variables.
- How to Target Keywords with Blog Posts: A three-step process for identifying keyword opportunities to target with optimized blog posts.
- The Creativity in PPC: Ad Copy Lessons from Advertising Masterpieces: Hanapin Marketing's Caleb Levell asks what we can learn from some classic advertising campaigns, and shows how to apply those lessons to PPC.
- Building a PPC Campaign: Workflow & Mistakes to Avoid: Gab Goldenberg walks through the process of setting up a new PPC campaign, plus some gotchas to watch out for.
- Recommended Resources: Dana Lookadoo: Another great resource, Dana of Yo! Yo! SEO regularly blogs and tweets about SEO and social media.
Our #1 most popular piece of content this month wasn't technically a blog post, but if you missed it, check out our awesome "Do You Know Who's Watching You?" infographic. (Then have Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me" stuck in your head for the rest of the day. You're welcome!)