Why you should monitor the top search results for your brand keywords
September 13, 2017
If you’re a serious company you should care about how you appear to potential customers or employees on the Internet. People are always online nowadays, looking up information about a company before they do business or apply for a job. If someone searches for your company in Google, Bing, or another search engine, it’s important that the first page of search results contains positive information about your company. Here are a few reasons why you should control the first SERP:
- If someone finds a negative review about your product or service, they’re less likely to purchase it (or anything at all from your company).
- If someone sees people complaining about working for your company, they might not apply for a job there.
- If someone finds negative articles about your company, they might link to them and spread the message further.
- Maintaining a blog, Facebook page and Twitter account
- Putting out press releases
- Asking satisfied customers/employees to write positive reviews
Photo credit: www.flickr.com/photos/ooohoooh/483041123