Best of the Month: WordStream's September Highlights
We are getting heavy into fall here, folks.
OK not really. The high yesterday was 80. But if you're like me, September just feels different, whatever the temperature. It's the start of a new "semester." After 25 years of nonstop schooling, I've been in the plain-old workforce for almost six years, but I'm still trying to break the habit of buying academic planners. (Same goes for the annual ritual of "back to school" shopping.)
In the spirit of back-to-school, why not throw on a scarf and blazer (turn up the AC is necessary) and catch up on our most popular posts this month?
- Link Building Magic: How to Turn Citations into Links: Did you all want to be magicians as kids or what? Ken shares one of our favorite secret link-building tricks.
- How Google Instant Changes SEO, PPC, the Long Tail Plus Your Gas Mileage, Credit Score & Sex Appeal: From the way search people reacted to the launch of Google Instant, you'd think it was that life-altering. I rounded up the various reactions.
- Using Enhanced CPC and Third-Party Bid Management: In this guest post, Chad Summerhill talks about his "best of both worlds" approach to bid management.
- The Sky is Falling: A New To-Do List in the Wake of Google Instant: PPC Hero's Caleb Levell explains how his SEO task list has evolved since the Google Instant launch.
- PPC Ad Testing to Maximize Conversions: Chad's back with a post about using the impressions to conversions (I2C) metric to maximize total number of conversions.
- Malware Hack Attack: When Bad Things Happen to Good Sites: Ken goes over the fallout and penalties associated with a malware attack and how to recover, as well as avoid such attacks in the future.
- Case Study: How a Change to the 'About Us' Page Raised Conversion Rates by 13%: A cool case study about the copywriting changes a translation services firm made to their "About Us" page, and how they affected conversions.
- SEO Copywriting Interview: Heather Lloyd-Martin: Heather practically invented SEO copywriting and she shares some great information in this Q&A.