Best of the Month: WordStream's November Highlights
Do you hear sleigh bells ring-a-ling, ding-ding-ding-a-ling too? Thanksgiving has come and gone, which means it's officially open season Christmas season in the eyes of the American advertising industry. Prepare yourself for the Xmas onslaught! (I once had "Here We Go A-Wassailing" stuck in my head for like three years. No joke.)
If you can tear yourself away from the e-commerce and/or decorating the tree, check out our greatest hits from November:
- Real Life Link Building: Three Real Relationships You Can Turn Into Virtual Votes – Tom wrote this great post about how much of link building is really relationship building.
- Semantic Analysis for SEO: Going Beyond LDA – In this guest post, David Harry talks about how to use semantic analysis concepts for SEO.
- AdWords Auto Targets: Google Launches New Product Targets Tab – Tom offers a quick overview of this new feature.
- Forget Impression Share, Analyze the Competition – Learn how to use AdWords’ “Analyze the Competition” tool for competitive intelligence.
- Let's Get Blekko: The Search Engine for SEOs? – I rounded up some reactions to the launch of Blekko, which seems to be targeting, if not SEOs, certainly the tech-savvy seacher.
- Advanced Search Query Mining Part 1: The Power of Search Queries – This is the first in an ongoing series of guest posts by Chad Summerhill.
- What's a Good Click-Through Rate For ... – Find out what qualifies as a good CTR for a PPC ad, a Facebook ad, a banner ad, and an email newsletter.
- What Do Ads with High Click-Through Rates Have in Common? – What are some qualities that high CTR pay-per-click ads tend to share?
- 10 Words I Use Now That I'm a Corporate Tool – A list of the cheesy words that have entered my lexicon since I joined the workforce, including gems like “granular” and “takeaways.”