WordStream's Best of the Year: Our Top 10 Blog Posts of 2010
2010: The year of the link?
At least here at WordStream it was. Six of our top ten most popular blog posts of the year had the word "link" in the title. That's great guys – I'm glad you understand the value of the link when it comes to Google and SEO. However, there are only so many creative-commons images of chain-link fences I can put in these round-ups, so let's make 2011 the year of something pretty, OK? Can we do for kittens what we did for links?
Without further ado, here they are, our 10 biggest hits from the entire year! And a huge thank you to all our readers – we couldn't, or at least wouldn't, do it without you.
- How to Create Amazing Backlinks – Why settle for ho-hum backlinks when you can have amazing backlinks?! Amazing backlinks, of course, take a little more work, but Ken lays out a step-by-step process for getting them.
- Poll: Scott Brown to Win Massachusetts US Senate Race by a Landslide – This social media poll that Larry did way back in January was a huge hit with search people and political wonks alike.
- How We Got a Link from The New York Times – This is a case study in how we put together the above social media poll and managed to get an NYT link out of it. I love how meta this is – our link bait case study got almost as much traffic as the original link bait!
- Want More Link Juice? Here’s an Easy Way to Get It – Another great, in-depth how-to from Ken on draining link juice from your existing content.
- How We Got a Link from CNN and Drove Loads of Traffic with Infographics – Another case study on linkbait, this time on using infographics to build a large number of links quickly.
- Top 12 Small Business Marketing Blogs – Our favorite marketing blogs for SMBs. Are you reading them yet?
- Five Experts on SEO Link Building – You all just LOVE link building posts! Here we get the goods from five of the best in the industry, including Wiep Knol, Debra Mastaler, and Julie Joyce.
- The Evolution of Ranking Signals: Google Is Getting Past the Link – A guest post from SEO Ninja David Harry!
- Lessons from a Search Startup: Our Journey Through Two Rounds of VC Funding – Getting Series B funding ain't easy. Here's how we did it.
- Web Spam: The Definitive Guide – Another great one from Dave, this guide has everything you never ever wanted to know about spam.
Photo credit: Joseph Sardin