Best of the Month: WordStream's October Highlights
April 3, 2015
Happy Halloween to all the lovable weirdos and kids-at-heart out there who still celebrate this silly holiday. (Stupid hats? Buckets of candy? What’s not to love?)
And check out our top 10 greatest hits of the month – they’re SCARY AWESOME!
- Facebook Wall of Shame: Facebook's Failures, Criticisms and Missteps – There’s no doubt that Facebook, by and large, is a massive success story – but this infographic detailing the company’s various flubs and snafus was nevertheless our most popular post of the month by far.
- When Should You Pause Google AdWords Keywords? – Learn two reasons why you might want to pause a keyword in AdWords to halt any damage it’s doing to your account.
- SSL Encrypted Search: Google Deals Low Blow to SEOs – Last week Google restricted access to organic search query data from logged in users, citing privacy – but SEOs everywhere are asking “What’s privacy got to do with it?”
- 10 Tips for Creating Content on Facebook That Gets the Thumbs Up – Meg offers up some great tips for creating “like”-worthy content that won’t bore your followers to tears.
- The Problem with the Google AdWords Impression Share Report – Tom explains why budget-weighted impression share is a more reliable, valuable metric than standard impression share.
- Are Ads Really Just Answers? Google's Billion-Dollar Idea – Google has taken to telling us that “ads are just answers,” but considering how much money Google makes from ads, this rhetoric is a little hard to swallow.
- AdWords Experts Share the Secrets of Their PPC Success, Part 4 – Great tips on achieving AdWords ROI from David Semprun, who got a high score using the AdWords Performance Grader.
- Google Analytics Premium, Real-Time Google Analytics, & What it All Means for You – Google has rolled out improvements to their analytics package lately. Why? Because they want your data of course!
- Google AdWords Call Extensions: How & When to Use Call Extensions – A section of our Ultimate Guide to AdWords Ad Extensions.
- Google AdWords Reporting Guide: AdWords Dimensions Tab Tips & Tutorials – Learn how to make the most of the reports in the dimensions tab.