AdWords Blogging Mania! Our Best Google AdWords Blog Posts of All Time
We blog a lot about the ins and outs of Google AdWords here at WordStream, for the obvious reasons – PPC is our specialty (or “speciality,” as Engywook from The Neverending Story would say), and AdWords is still #1 when it comes to PPC.
Let me get this out of the way, or Larry will razz me for days – our most popular AdWords blog post of all time is actually a list of AdWords promotional codes. But those codes are all good and expired now, so let’s move on to the articles that are still well worth your while, shall we? :D Yes, let’s. Here are our top 10 most popular AdWords blog posts OF ALL TIME!
- The Most Expensive Keywords in Google AdWords – I used to always wonder what the most expensive PPC keywords were, and couldn’t find a satisfactory answer. So we decided to do the research ourselves, and as it turns out, lots of other people were interested too! We got a great response to this study, which we published as an infographic so people could easily share the data.
- A Dead-Simple Google AdWords Certification Guide: Costs, Tips & Tricks for Google Certification – Tom wrote this handy guide for anyone looking to get certified in AdWords. The title of the post pretty much says it all.
- What Industries Contributed to Google's $37.9 Billion in 2011 Revenues? – Hey, Big Spenders! This follow-up to our most expensive keywords study looked at which industries and companies spent the most on Google AdWords advertising in 2011.
- Understanding the Differences Between Google and Bing Match Types – Like I said above, AdWords takes the lion’s share of PPC revenue. But that doesn’t mean people aren’t using Bing PPC too. This post goes over the differences between the keyword match types in both systems.
- Pros and Cons of View-Through Conversion Tracking – Google started tracking “view-through conversion” statistics a couple of years ago. View-through conversions are conversions that occur some time after a user clicks your ad (say, a week or two later) instead of immediately after – the idea is that the message sunk in but they weren’t quite ready to buy. But tracking this type of conversion has good sides and bad sides.
- Rotating Ads vs. Optimizing Ads: Which Is Better? – This guest post by Alan Mitchell debates the question of whether PPC managers should set their AdWords campaigns to rotate or optimize ads. Be sure to check out the great discussion in the comments.
- How to Determine Maximum CPC in AdWords – 8 tips for formulating your maximum cost per click.
- AdWords Experts Share the Secrets of Their PPC Success, Part 1 – This, the first in a long series of interviews with people who got super-high scores using the free AdWords Performance Grader, is still the most popular. Check out Marko Kvesic’s tips for managing a baller AdWords campaign.
- How Does the AdWords Auction Work? [Infographic] – A great reference that explains exactly how AdWords works for those still a little confused by the whole system.
- Ultimate Guide to PPC Metrics: 17 Experts on the Top 3 Must-Check PPC Metrics – I asked 17 PPC experts what AdWords metrics they can’t live without – and which they think are overrated.