WordStream's Best of the Month: April's Greatest Hits
Hello from New Mexico!
I’m on vacation today, probably somewhere between Taos and Santa Fe at the moment. Technically, I’m speaking to you from the past. I’m like light from a dead star. How’s your Monday going? Probably not as relaxing as mine.
Why not take a break from the Mondays and catch up on our blog’s most popular posts of the month?
- RIP Exact Match & Phrase Match: Google AdWords Announces Big Changes to Keyword Match Type Options – Exact match, now less exact! Larry reviews Google’s recent decision to change the way the phrase and “exact” match type options work.
- 10 SEO Reasons to Add Facebook to Your Content Strategy – This guest post from our friends at gShift Labs explains why Facebook matters for SEO.
- Earth Day 2012: Memes Are Destroying the Planet! – If you missed it last time around, take another look at our Earth Day infographic, which examines the impact of the Internet on the environment.
- 7 Simple Things You Might Be Overlooking in Your AdWords Account – Tom reviews seven basic tactics that will help get more leverage out of your paid search account.
- What Is Negative SEO? The Rise of Competitive Google Bombing – There’s been a flurry of discussion around “negative SEO” this month, the slimy tactic of tanking your competitor’s Google rankings. What is it and is there any way to protect your business?
- Split Testing Ideas for PPC Advertising [Infographic] – This nifty cheatsheet of ideas for ad testing came to us via the folks at AdChop.
- Google Alerts: How to Use Them, Why They're Not Working – In theory, Google Alerts are a handy tool for reputation management, link building, ego stroking and more. There’s just one problem: they don’t always work.
- How to Use the Google AdWords Keyword Tool in Your PPC Campaigns – Learn the pros and cons of Google’s own keyword tool and how to put it to good use in your AdWords campaigns.
- AdWords Conversion Tracking & Reporting – Learn what you can do in the conversions tab in AdWords.
- Top 10 Google Update Codenames – Old Possum? Cosmos Newsy? What’s your favorite?
Image via Betsy Weber