WordStream's Best of the Month, Back to School Edition
September must be such a joyful month for parents – school is basically free child care, right?! Well, OK, only if you send them to public school. But at least they’re out of your hair for about 8 hours of the day.
Why not get into that back-to-school spirit yourself and read up on our greatest hits from the month of September?
- The Importance of A/B Testing: 24 Marketing Experts on Their Most Surprising A/B Test – I asked a bunch of awesome folks (AJ Kohn! Oli Gardner! Matt Umbro, Michelle Morgan and others from the #PPCchat crew!) to share their craziest A/B test results. Refill your coffee – this is a long read but full of inspiring ideas for testing your own marketing initiatives.
- 3 More (Yes, More!) Ways to Save Money on PPC – Here are a few more little tricks you can use to squeeze more efficiency out of your campaigns, such as closing your A/B tests once it’s safe to declare a winner.
- When Did Google Give Up on the Long Tail? – I’ve noticed that Google’s results for long-tail queries are really suffering, and shared a particularly egregious example. Have you noticed the same issues?
- 25 Fast Facts About Bing Ads – A bunch of quick stats about Bings Ads, formerly adCenter.
- The Road to PPC Hell Is Paved with Good Intentions: 3 Mistakes You Don't Know You're Making – We recently partnered with our friends at PPC Hero to present a webinar on “worst practices” – things you’ve heard you should do that can actually hurt your results. Here are three of those mistakes to avoid, as well as the slides and recording from the webinar.
- Organic vs. Paid Clicks: These Are Not the Clicks You're Looking For – A recent UK study found that 94% of clicks go to organic results. So does that mean you should focus on SEO over PPC? Not so fast – the vast majority of search queries are not commercial in nature. Find out why PPC still matters if you’re running a business.
- What to Do if AdWords Says Your Landing Page Experience Is Below Average – Google not happy with your landing page? Here are 10 tips to improve your landing pages and get back on Google’s good side.
- Tricks to Get the Click: 10 Tips for Writing Better PPC Text Ads – Read an excerpt from our latest free eBook, cowritten with Jeff Allen at PPC Hero.
- How to Set Your AdWords Budget: New Shared AdWords Budget Options – AdWords recently introduced a new way to manage your budgets across campaigns. Larry explains how it works and whether you should take advantage.
- Content Marketing Magic: Aligning Keyword & Content Types with Business Goals – “Content marketing” is a serious buzzword these days, but don’t overthink it or freak out! This post shares a three-step process for defining your business goals and strategizing content that will help you meet them.
Have a good weekend!
Image via woodleywonderworks