WordStream’s Best of the Month: February’s Greatest Hits
Unless you’re lucky enough to live somewhere warm like southern California or Florida, chances are pretty good that you’ve been suffering through the bitter cold like we have here in Boston. As much as I would have loved to open February’s Best of the Month blog post with some pithy references to the weather, Elisa used them to great effect last month – Posts So Hot They Ended the Polar Vortex? That's a tough act to follow.
Instead, I’ll cut to the chase and present you with a roundup of February’s most popular blog posts – and a Futurama meme for good measure, since some of our most popular posts this month peered far into The Future™. Enjoy!
1. The Future of PageRank: 13 Experts on the Dwindling Value of the Link – Are links still the essential currency of the web, or are they old news? In February’s most popular post, 13 of the world’s most influential and respected search experts offer their insights into why links may not be as vital as they once were.
2. Facebook’s News Feed Algorithm Change: What It Means For Your Facebook Marketing Strategy –Facebook’s algorithm changes have a huge impact on your social marketing efforts. In this post, Margot de Cunha outlines what you need to know, and how the latest change will affect your Facebook marketing strategies.
3. Matt Cutts Confirms That Google Has Tried Search Without Links – Search without links? It might sound crazy, but Matt Cutts says that Google’s engineers have tried it. Is search without links little more than an interesting experiment, or a glimpse at the future of search?
4. Going Unicorn Hunting: The Secrets Behind Ads with 3x the Average CTR – No, we’re not talking about literally stalking mythological creatures. In this post, Larry outlines how you can create ads with triple the average click-through rate – high-powered rifles and camouflage gear optional.
5. How to Pass the AdWords Advanced Display Exam & Earn Google Partner Status – If you’re looking for a definitive guide on how to pass the AdWords Advanced Display exam, look no further. In this post, Brad McMillen tells you everything you need to know to pass the exam with flying colors.
6. How to Make Great Landing Pages (with Crazy High Conversions) – Creating landing pages that result in strong conversion rates is a lot like crafting an online dating profile – make even a few mistakes and you’ll end up eating TV dinners alone with your cat(s). Read Megan Marrs’ post on how to make great landing pages and never get stood up again.
7. The AdWords Landing Page Grader: Try Our New Free Landing Page Tool – You might think your landing pages make the cut, but how can you be sure? With WordStream’s free AdWords Landing Page Grader!
8. Case Study: How a Small Business on a Tiny Budget Doubled Their Quality Score in 30 Days – Managing a successful AdWords campaign can be tricky, especially for small businesses. However, it’s far from impossible, as this case study demonstrates. Elisa spoke with Kristi Anderson, VP of marketing for GetOutfitted.com, about her experiences during our recent Grade and Get Paid contest.
9. Search Network with Display Select: Should You Use AdWords’ New Campaign Type? – Not sure whether AdWords’ new Search Network with Display Select is right for you? Then let Jeff Stevens set your straight on the benefits of this new campaign type.
10. AdWords Metrics: How to Make Sense of Your PPC Data – Not all AdWords metrics are created equal, and delving deeper into how your campaign is performing can be daunting. Learn how to better understand your metrics in this post by Katie Lyons and start making sense of your PPC data.
What were your favorite posts in February? Did we miss any you think were worth mentioning? Let us know in the comments, and we'll see you in March!