WordStream’s Best of the Month: September
Groucho Marx famously joked that the English mnemonic that begins, ‘Thirty days hath September…” was his favorite poem because it actually tells us something. While it certainly didn’t feel as though September had thirty days this year (for me, anyway), September did indeed teach us a lot – especially about search, as evidenced by our most popular posts of the month.
Image © SixelaOtama
Grab a warm pumpkin-flavored beverage (yes, I’m going to continue milking the pumpkin beverage joke for the remainder of the fall), sit back, and check out WordStream’s most popular posts of September.
1. Mandatory Google+ Gmail Integration Quietly Shelved: For the third consecutive month, Larry earned the top spot in our blog by breaking the news about Google’s decision to (very) quietly decouple Google+ account sign-ups from Gmail – a move that brought untold joy to most and made a handful of (very vocal) marketers weep.
2. New Google AdWords Callout Extensions How-To: Highlight Offers in Your Ads: Miranda’s post about Google’s new AdWords callout extensions was our second most popular post last month, and for good reason – there’s plenty of actionable information on how and when to use them.
3. 13 Ways to Beat the Facebook Algorithm: When he’s not jetting around the country speaking at conferences, Larry spends most of his time writing awesome blog posts like this one, in which he shows you thirteen ways to beat the Facebook algorithm and improve your content’s visibility.
4. How to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile as a Recent College Grad: In his very first blog post (ever), WordStream intern Brett McHale came roaring out of the gate with his post about how recent graduates can improve their employment prospects by working on their LinkedIn profiles.
5. Perfect Timing: The Very Best Time to Send Email Newsletters: Rounding out our top five is this post by Megan, in which she tells you the very best time to send those all-important emails to prospective customers. As Groucho could have told you, timing is everything – and this most definitely applies to email marketing.
6. 9 Reasons Why LinkedIn Friendship is the Mightiest of Magics: When it comes to leveraging the power of connections on LinkedIn, Larry is a true pro. In this post, Larry explains how and why LinkedIn networking is so important, and shows you how to use LinkedIn as a powerful promotional tool.
7. Facebook Makes Bold Power Play Against Google with Atlas: if you’re a marketer, you’ve almost undoubtedly heard about Facebook’s latest move to muscle in on Google’s advertising business, Atlas. In this post, Larry explains what Atlas is, and why it could (and probably should) make Google nervous.
8. Cheat Sheet: Ad Extensions for Shopping Campaigns: Erin’s cheat sheet posts are always popular, and if you’ve ever used them to gain a greater understanding of AdWords, you’ll know why. In her latest cheat sheet, Erin explains how to leverage ad extensions for shopping campaigns in AdWords.
9. Guerilla Marketing: 20+ Examples and Strategies to Stand Out: Ever wondered what famous street artist Banksy can teach you about marketing? Well wonder no more, as Megan dives into some of the best – and most unorthodox – techniques brands are using to make their messages heard.
10. 3 Lessons Learned from PPC Advertisers in the B2B Software Industry: Let’s face it – B2B marketing can be both boring and tremendously difficult. In our final post of the month’s round-up, Margot offers three valuable lessons learned from some of her clients operating in the incredibly competitive B2B software marketing space.