WordStream’s Best of the Month: November
Things are about to get weird.
Already stressing out about the traffic or the weather (or both)? Before you set off to wherever you’re going this weekend (which is probably work, if you’re anywhere other than the United States), check out WordStream’s best posts from November.
Oh, and I won’t be making any lame Thanksgiving jokes, like, “Be thankful for these awesome posts” – sorry.
1. 5 Reasons to NEVER Use AdWords Automatic Bidding: If you’re using automatic bidding in AdWords, stop. Like, right now. In our most popular post from November, Caleb gives you five great reasons to stop relying on automated bidding in AdWords.
2. Complete Guide to Content Remarketing: How to Win Friends, Influence People & Double Your Leads: In this in-depth post, Larry explains why remarketing isn’t just a great tactic for search marketers, but for content marketers, too. Essential reading for content folks.
3. 7 Steps to Master the Google Display Network: Not sure how to get the most out of the Google Display Network? Then read this excellent guide by Margot for the lowdown on everything you need to know about mastering the GDN.
4. Ultimate Guide to Finding, Customizing, & Using Free Images for Blogs: We all know that pretty pictures make good content great, but how do you find them without getting into legal hot water? Megan’s got you covered with this extensive guide on finding and customizing images for your next content project.
5. Google is Stealing Your Traffic Again: Will Shopping Ads Be the Knowledge Graph of Paid Search?: Uh oh, Google’s at it again. In this post, Larry explains how Google is secretly siphoning traffic from ecommerce sites into its Shopping results, and why it’s not just sneaky and underhanded, but bad for users, too.
6. Is Email Marketing Effective? Three Examples That Prove It Is: Email marketing might not be as “sexy” as social media marketing, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be using it. In this post, I examine three examples of highly effective email marketing campaigns, and explain how you can apply them to your own business.
7. 3 Things My Cats Taught Me About PPC: Cats – devious creatures bent on world domination, or impossibly cute yet refreshingly independent companions? Whether you’re a cat person or not, Randi’s cats taught her a thing or two about paid search. Learn from the wisdom of Randi’s cats, for they see and know all.
8. 5 Productivity Tips and Tools for Lazy Marketers: Let’s face it – you’d probably rather be somewhere other than work. If you’re a content marketer, check out my post on how to get more done while you’re in the office so you can spend more time out of it.
9. Why SEOs Don’t Need a Code of Ethics from SEMPO: In our final post of this month’s round-up, Larry offers up several reasons why the search industry doesn’t need a code of ethics from SEMPO.
10. 20 Ways to Improve Your Presentation Skills: Delivering a memorable presentation isn’t as easy as it looks. In fact, it can be positively nerve-racking. Fortunately, Larry offers 20 tips on how you can improve your presentation skills in our final post of this month’s round-up, so read on and get ready to blow your audience away.