Introducing 12 Days of Experts – Our Holiday Gift to You! #12Experts
If you ran into LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner in an airport and saw the opportunity to pick his brain about social media marketing, would you? What if Moz founder Rand Fishkin asked you out for coffee – would you try to get a really solid, potentially business-changing piece of advice out of him?
I bet if you happened to bump into GoDaddy's CEO Blake Irving at a party, you could have a pretty incredible and informative conversation about business growth and the current state of tech.
Unfortunately, random encounters like these are one in a million. Even if you tried to book time with an industry veteran (and had the budget to pull it off), it probably wouldn't be possible.
It's not that our thought leaders are unapproachable or aloof (quite the opposite) – but they are BUSY doing crazy things like reinventing the way we do everything and driving massive growth in their businesses. We're very fortunate then that across the different facets of online marketing, successful leaders like Dharmesh Shah, Ann Handley and Jeff Haden still make the time to share their insights, theories and experiences with the world.
Online marketing success doesn't happen in a vacuum; those who learn the quickest and outpace their competitors in growth constantly have their ear tuned to our industry thought leaders. There is much to be learned from their vast experience, high-level perspective and even their mistakes.
That's why we're sharing “12 Days of Experts,” a hand-picked collection of 12 of our favorite articles in 2014 by industry-leading marketers and entrepreneurs.
You can follow the conversation using the #12experts hashtag on Twitter and of course, watch for a new expert feature on the WordStream blog from today on! Bookmark this post; we'll update it with a link to each new #12experts feature as they publish.
Get off on the right foot for 2015 with WordStream's 12 Days of Experts, featuring experts including Blake Irving, Dharmesh Shah, Mackenzie Fogelson, Rand Fishkin, Jeff Haden, Ann Handley and others! You can find links to all the experts' articles below:
- Three Musts to Retaining Superstar Talent by Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn
- Content Marketing in 15 Minutes a Day: 3 Content Marketing Hacks by Ann Handley, Head of Content, Marketing Profs
- 3 Reasons Goals Are Preventing You from Meeting Your Goals by Jeff Haden, Inc. Magazine
- The Greatest Misconception in Content Marketing by Rand Fishkin, Wizard of Moz
- How Google Works by Neil Patel, Founder of Quick Sprout
- 6 Things I Do to My Landing Pages When My Conversion Rates Suck by Oli Gardner, Co-Founder of Unbounce
- Putting the "Integrated" into Integrated Marketing Strategy by Mackenzie Fogelson, Founder and CEO of Mack Web
- Women in Tech: A Cause Worth the Effect by Blake Irving, CEO of GoDaddy
- My Controversial Answers to Common Startup Questions by Dharmesh Shah, Founder of HubSpot
- 15 Ways to Avoid Seeming Like an Arrogant Jerk by Gretchen Rubin, Author of The Happiness Project
- The Science of Emotion in Marketing by Courtney Seiter, Content Marketing Manager at Buffer
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Bing Ads: An Interview with Microsoft’s John Gagnon, Bing Ads Evangelist